The Student Room Group

2022 a level psychology edexcel paper 3 question

does anyone know how to answer that one question on paper 3 about the boy being a fan of formula 1 driving but failing his driving test for speeding. we had to explain his behaviour using biological psychology. i didnt answer it. plus it confused me! it was a 12 marker.
Reply 1
I'm not sure if what I said was right but I basically said about the hippocampus being damaged what lead to an inability to transfer info from the short term memory to long term memory, explaining why Oscar failed his theory test twice as he couldn't retain the information from the theory book. I also mentioned damage to the hypothalamus which is responsible for hormone production, explaining the adrenaline release that Jay would have had from his Go Karting competitions winning giving him a positive response therefore why he imitated it in his practical theory. I also included testosterone release in which Jay would have felt a thrill-seeking need explaining why he previously watched Formula 1 driving and was therefore more likely to imitate it himself with all of them being 17 years old. I also can't remember if I mentioned evolution because I've had quite a few exams since but I hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending