The Student Room Group

Got caught plagiarising, will my university kick me out?

I'm a second year comp sci uni student and got caught plagiarising for the first time, will I get kicked out permanently ??
I doubt it.
Why did you plagiarise tho
I had notes from websites for a coding coursework and forgot to cite them
Original post by rosy_posy
Why did you plagiarise tho
Reply 4
Unlikely in 2nd year. A lot of institutions only have withdrawal on the table in 3rd year anyway.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a second year comp sci uni student and got caught plagiarising for the first time, will I get kicked out permanently ??

Hi there,

I wouldn't say so. They can lower your mark if plagiarism was minor and, most importantly, not intentional or worst-case scenario - you will resit the assignment.

Hope that helps!

Ivaylo
Student Ambassador
Reply 6
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi there,

I wouldn't say so. They can lower your mark if plagiarism was minor and, most importantly, not intentional or worst-case scenario - you will resit the assignment.

Hope that helps!

Ivaylo
Student Ambassador

Worst case scenario for 2nd year plagiarism is generally a 0 with no resit.

I do wish the reps on here would fact check before posting this stuff.
(edited 1 year ago)
You might if it's serious enough this sounds pretty ow level so getting kicked out would be a little drastic I'd guess zero and no resit it's second year so it will be a bit more severe because the unis view is you should have checked. Get s representative from the SU to come with you for your hearing for support it's always helpful to have someone there.

If they let you stay treat this as a lerning experience and always check so you don't make this mistake again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending