The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Does Queen Mary university accept Btecs

Hi
I’m currently studying Level 3 computer Science (RQF) and I want to do a computer science degree in Uni . I would like to know does queen Mary accept level 3 computer science into their computer science program and what is their requirements .
See https://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/entry/btec/ where they say for G400 BSc Computer Science they accept a BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (RFQ) in Computing, as long as you have grades D*DD and "Maths or programming units".

It's odd that they specify "Computing" rather than "Computer Science", so it might be worth clarifying with them.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by DataVenia
See https://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/entry/btec/ where they say for G400 BSc Computer Science they accept a BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (RFQ) in Computing, as long as you have grades D*DD and "Maths or programming units".

It's odd that they specify "Computing" rather than "Computer Science", so it might be worth clarifying with them.

So that means I have a chance of getting accepted. Also thanks for replying

Queen Mary university just increased their requirements to D*D*D. Does that mean Qmul computer science is oversubscribed and do I still have a chance of getting accepted ?
Queen Mary university just increased the requirements to D*D*D. Does that mean queen Mary university computer science is oversubscribed and do I still have a chance of getting accepted ??
Original post by Anonymous
Queen Mary university just increased the requirements to D*D*D. Does that mean queen Mary university computer science is oversubscribed and do I still have a chance of getting accepted ??

It would tend to suggest that they have received more applications that last year, but I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying it means the course is over-subscribed.

Anyone has a chance of receiving an offer. You don't mention your grades (predicted or achieved), so it difficult to say how much of a chance you have.
It would tend to suggest that they have received more applications that last year, but I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying it means the course is over-subscribed.

Anyone has a chance of receiving an offer. You don't mention your grades (predicted or achieved), so it difficult to say how much of a chance you have.

My predicted grades are D*D*D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending