Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The death of Cigarettes. The birth of Electronic Cigarettes. :) watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.smartsmoker.co.uk/
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/he...00/7658566.stm

I guess soon, the 1920s - 2010 era of smoking cigarettes, will be replaced by the new modern, and urban way of smoking.

Electonic smoking! Not tried it yet, but wouldn't mind trying them. The actual cigarette is quite expensive, however, and I don't think it would be the same as holding a Marlboro in my hand. Anywayz, what do you guys think, has anybody tried them?

Your opinions and views...wanted.

ReputationRep:
    People smoke because it looks cool, and I doubt that'd look cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freud)
    Not neccessarily. I don't see the coolness of pulling black soot in to my lungs, but hey I still do it.

But, did you watch the video? They don't actually look THAT bad. I mean, if they developed it far more, it could be a much safer alternative. Imagine how many lives would be saved!

And imagine how many third world tobacco farmers would be out of business, etc!

ReputationRep:
    id love one of those things for when i go out, the black one with the blue light on the end

imagine teh conversation piece it would freak so many people out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    id love one of those things for when i go out, the black one with the blue light on the end

imagine teh conversation piece it would freak so many people out
    LOL, i know!! It would be a 'classy', and 'safe' addiction, and you would still be hooked if you smoked these. Well, 'inhaled vapoured' these, or some new word for smoking

ReputationRep:
    it says on the site that they are 80% cheaper, but they are £40 for a cig and 6 refills WTF?

When I want a fag, I'll go and get a pack of Old Holburn backer and roll one up for myself, thanks. I smoke CIGARETTES, not pens.

Electrinic cigarettes, pleh! Do we get electronic whisky, next?

ReputationRep:
    These days smoking has much more of a negative social stigma. What with the ban and all, I think someday people will consider smoking as bad as recreational drug usage. Not in our lifetime maybe, but someday.

ReputationRep:
    Madness, I tell you. I can't imagine it being much better than my trusty Marlboro Lights.

ReputationRep:
    make one that has THC in it aswell as nicotine and then you're talking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZachAsa)
    it says on the site that they are 80% cheaper, but they are £40 for a cig and 6 refills WTF?
    Yeah and then it's 50 quid for the next 100 refills which is approx 1500 cigarettes worth of nicotine?

ReputationRep:
    I think a more successful device would be a cigarette shaped gun that they put in their mouths.

I hate smoking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freud)
    people don't continue to smoke to look cool, they're addicted. I don't think is is cool to smoke anymore. So electric cigarettes are a good idea, it is the harm passive smoking causes, and the smell that people object. For the generation that just can not give up this would help future generations.

I think they are cooler than smoking.

ReputationRep:
    I bet they could be adapted for huffing all sorts of fun things of questionable legality! Immense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You Sit?)
    I bet they could be adapted for huffing all sorts of fun things of questionable legality! Immense.
    Like the souls of small kittens...

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agado)
    people don't continue to smoke to look cool, they're addicted.
    ********. I don't smoke because I'm "addicted", I smoke because I enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds pretty cool, but it might look a bit geeky at first.

It'll fare better in pubs than elsewhere, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    When I want a fag, I'll go and get a pack of Old Holburn backer and roll one up for myself, thanks. I smoke CIGARETTES, not pens.

Electrinic cigarettes, pleh! Do we get electronic whisky, next?
    That made me LOL.

ReputationRep:
    Would you be allowed to smoke these at work then? I think it would be pretty cool. Shame you can't get electronic joints yet!

ReputationRep:
    The so called electronic cigarettes should have some medical treatment function, i think

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.