The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Physics (separate, higher) question

Hi have you guys been revising lenses and the generator effect for tomorrow. I know they're not main focuses but I don't trust AQA anymore.
I thought lenses were a topic that they said wouldn’t be in the exam
Original post by George_456
I thought lenses were a topic that they said wouldn’t be in the exam

It was one of the ones that wasn't mentioned but could come up, like how LCAs were on Chem but you didn't need to know too much about them.
Original post by BlueyRaspberry
It was one of the ones that wasn't mentioned but could come up, like how LCAs were on Chem but you didn't need to know too much about them.

No, for AQA GCSE Physics Higher, they aren't on the exam. They are under "6.2 Electromagnetic Waves" which is not assessed.
Reply 4
Original post by BlueyRaspberry
Hi have you guys been revising lenses and the generator effect for tomorrow. I know they're not main focuses but I don't trust AQA anymore.

I don't think we need to revise Lenses as that is specification reference 4.6.2.5, which is part of 4.6.2 Electromagnetic Waves. Electromagnetic Waves (4.6.2) as a whole is listed as "not assessed" on the advance information meaning that they should not come up in the paper at all. I think Generator Effect is 4.7.3 which isn't on either list, so could come up as a "minor focus", however that is defined!

Quick Reply

Latest