Turn on thread page Beta

So emberassed about my english watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I asked my mum to check the spelling and grammar on this report I was doing, however I hadn't checked it bother hand and there was millions of really stupid errors in it, basicaly it was as bad as many of my posts on here. I am so emberassed. :mad:

I think I must lack concentration or somthing. It was full of silly mistakes like missing words out.

I feel awfu, I've been in university everyday for the last two weeks and university students will know how hard that can be :aetsch:

Oh well tomorrow is another day, maybe somthing good will happen.

ReputationRep:
    word, spell check

We dont need no educashun
    We dont need no fort control

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ponjavic)
    word, spell check
    They can only do a very limited amount. I kept changing contexts as well becuase I was having to do stuff to remember how I did it so it was current tense, but the report had to be past tense, it was quite difficult to write. I wish I was a car washer, no stress and no responsability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I asked my mum to check the spelling and grammar on this report I was doing, however I hadn't checked it bother hand and there was millions of really stupid errors in it, basicaly it was as bad as many of my posts on here. I am so emberassed. :mad:

I think I must lack concentration or somthing. It was full of silly mistakes like missing words out.

I feel awfu, I've been in university everyday for the last two weeks and university students will know how hard that can be :aetsch:

check spelling in sig :p:

ReputationRep:
    i tend to miss words out sometimes due to lack of concentration.

dont have much trouble with spelling though

ReputationRep:
    Got my report from 6th form today- every subject teacher, including french, was ranting about number of little mistakes because I don't proof read- you're not alone!

"Emberassed?" Irony, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    i tend to miss words out sometimes due to lack of concentration.

dont have much trouble with spelling though
    Thats my problem, when I am writing stuff my mine is always one step ahread, it always is thats the problem, at this very moment I am thinking about having to get up at 7:00am.

ReputationRep:

it's alright you're a Morrissey fan.
    tell me your favourite moz album and your favourite smiths album and all will be forgiven. x

ReputationRep:
    Thats my problem, when I am writing stuff my mine is always one step ahread, it always is thats the problem, at this very moment I am thinking about having to get up at 7:00am.
    yea i type just a little slower than i think so in the delay i lose words

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marychrist)
    it's alright you're a Morrissey fan.
    tell me your favourite moz album and your favourite smiths album and all will be forgiven. x
    Lol, favourite Smiths album is probably Queen Is Dead, favourite Morrissey album is more difficult, possibly You Are The Quary, or Viva Hate. Viva Hate may have the edge as there are some boring tracks on YATQ. I have yet to hear a duff Smiths album.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, favourite Smiths album is probably Queen Is Dead, favourite Morrissey album is more difficult, possibly You Are The Quary, or Viva Hate. Viva Hate may have the edge as there are some boring tracks on YATQ. I have yet to hear a duff Smiths album.
    I applaud you; Viva Hate is indeed amazing. YATQ on the other hand is probably my least favourite Morrissey album.. one of the songs, if I recall correctly (sorry, I don't listen to it much) sounds like a dido song.
    the Queen Is Dead is brilliant too, I love Hatful of Hollow because it wsa the first smiths album I bought at the tender age of 14 and I adored it, still do now. there aren't any duff Smiths albums as far as I can remember, a few rubbish tracks but mostly good.

(sorry for babbling but it's always nice to find a fellow Morrissey fan, most people thesedays are totally consumed by nme endorsed crap)

ReputationRep:
    You would be surprised, I have been two Morrissey gigs this year and most the crowd are probably under 30. I love Hatfull of Hollow too, it was my first Smiths album, I admit I only bought it becuase it had This Charming Man on it, little did I realise its a different version.

I loved the tracks on it and got further and further into the Smiths. There is a big local Smiths scence too, I am attending a Smiths convention in April. I went to Dublin to see Morrissey in December, there was a Smiths night in a club so we went there afterwords, never thought I would see load of people dancing to Heaven Knows I am misserable now!

Also just a couple of pictures I have taken from my website in case you haven't seen similar pictures:

Morrissey's old house in Stretford, Manchester

http://www.musicinmanchester.co.uk/images/kingsroad.jpg

This is the iron bridge, not quite as romantic as the song suggests

http://www.musicinmanchester.co.uk/i...ironbridge.jpg

Its one of the biggest eye sores in the area, its hard to believe there is a famous song that mentions it!

ReputationRep:
    Do you want to improve your English? Or are you not bothered enough to do anything about it?

ReputationRep:
    I recommend that everyone read the following:

The difference between 'less' and 'fewer'

ReputationRep:
    Your english is normally a lot better than... 'emberassed...' and such... for emphasis?

ReputationRep:

you shouldn't have been embarrased about your mum seeing it, who cares what parents think think yourself lucky she checked it

ReputationRep:
    I'm not surprised really; your English is bad (sorry). Needs some work!

ReputationRep:
    You would be surprised, I have been two Morrissey gigs this year and most the crowd are probably under 30. I love Hatfull of Hollow too, it was my first Smiths album, I admit I only bought it becuase it had This Charming Man on it, little did I realise its a different version.

I loved the tracks on it and got further and further into the Smiths. There is a big local Smiths scence too, I am attending a Smiths convention in April. I went to Dublin to see Morrissey in December, there was a Smiths night in a club so we went there afterwords, never thought I would see load of people dancing to Heaven Knows I am misserable now!

Also just a couple of pictures I have taken from my website in case you haven't seen similar pictures:

Morrissey's old house in Stretford, Manchester

http://www.musicinmanchester.co.uk/images/kingsroad.jpg

This is the iron bridge, not quite as romantic as the song suggests

http://www.musicinmanchester.co.uk/i...ironbridge.jpg

Its one of the biggest eye sores in the area, its hard to believe there is a famous song that mentions it!
    haha that's typical of Morrissey to write a song about such a hideous looking bridge, I've never seen it before but I have to agree with you, it certainly isn't as romantic as still ill suggests.

I've seen Morrissey twice as well, once at the royal albert hall in 2002 and once at the royal festival hall in 2004; the former of the two was definitely the better gig even though I was the youngest there(everyone was over 40, had quiffs and wearing nhs specs). a lot of "younger" fans have crawled out of the woodwork since YATQ because the nme have taken him under their wing again and made him out to be the best thing since sliced bread, but they're not really Morrissey fans, more Smiths fans who love How Soon Is Now and therefore claiming to adore him. I'm sure I sound elitist and horrid here but it's frustrating when these same people have ****ged you off for being a fan just a year or two earlier.

you live in Manchester I'm guessing?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.