So emberassed about my english

Watch
This discussion is closed.
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not being funny, but if you're really concerned about your english and it's worrying you, have you had a test done to see if you're dyslexic? (Why is that such a hard word to spell?!) - sometimes putting the wrong letter in, or missing words out of a sentance can be a sign of it. You may just have a very mild case of it, in which case you can get computer programmes and things to help you out with writing to make it easier.

Other than that, perhaps try a basic english course like the ones offered by learn direct? it might help you a little

Good luck, hope it gets better for you
AT82
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I should have had the test years ago, but for various reasons it got overlooked. Due to other problems such as my hearing i had an extra help anyway during school so they thought ti wasn't worth me having the tests done.
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I should have had the test years ago, but for various reasons it got overlooked. Due to other problems such as my hearing i had an extra help anyway during school so they thought ti wasn't worth me having the tests done.
Do you not know how the words are spelt or are you simply trying to type too fast?

I purposely type that bit slower to avoid mistakes.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
Do you not know how the words are spelt or are you simply trying to type too fast?

I purposely type that bit slower to avoid mistakes.
A bit of both, if I am writing stuff by hand or into my PDA I make much less mistakes. I type really fast so I make mistakes that way. There are words that I somtimes don't know how to spell though, I get mixed up at times.
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
A bit of both, if I am writing stuff by hand or into my PDA I make much less mistakes. I type really fast so I make mistakes that way. There are words that I somtimes don't know how to spell though, I get mixed up at times.
Try slowing down the typing a bit then? Proof reading always helps too.

Personally, I think that lots of reading is the best way to learn to spell.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (214)
38.49%
Take autumn exams (167)
30.04%
Look for a job (19)
3.42%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
3.96%
Take a year out (100)
17.99%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
6.12%

Watched Threads