Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not being funny, but if you're really concerned about your english and it's worrying you, have you had a test done to see if you're dyslexic? (Why is that such a hard word to spell?!) - sometimes putting the wrong letter in, or missing words out of a sentance can be a sign of it. You may just have a very mild case of it, in which case you can get computer programmes and things to help you out with writing to make it easier.

Other than that, perhaps try a basic english course like the ones offered by learn direct? it might help you a little

Good luck, hope it gets better for you

ReputationRep:
    I should have had the test years ago, but for various reasons it got overlooked. Due to other problems such as my hearing i had an extra help anyway during school so they thought ti wasn't worth me having the tests done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I should have had the test years ago, but for various reasons it got overlooked. Due to other problems such as my hearing i had an extra help anyway during school so they thought ti wasn't worth me having the tests done.
    Do you not know how the words are spelt or are you simply trying to type too fast?

I purposely type that bit slower to avoid mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Do you not know how the words are spelt or are you simply trying to type too fast?

I purposely type that bit slower to avoid mistakes.
    A bit of both, if I am writing stuff by hand or into my PDA I make much less mistakes. I type really fast so I make mistakes that way. There are words that I somtimes don't know how to spell though, I get mixed up at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    A bit of both, if I am writing stuff by hand or into my PDA I make much less mistakes. I type really fast so I make mistakes that way. There are words that I somtimes don't know how to spell though, I get mixed up at times.
    Try slowing down the typing a bit then? Proof reading always helps too.

Personally, I think that lots of reading is the best way to learn to spell.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.