ayloo123
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so i've been doing bio,chem and psych for my alevels and applied for neuroscience. However now I want to do Economics at either University of Surrey, Bournemouth or Queen Mary. I just want to ask for people opinion and suggestions, as I have never done economics before and only did maths at GCSE. Also wanted to ask how these unis are like.
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ayloo123)
so i've been doing bio,chem and psych for my alevels and applied for neuroscience. However now I want to do Economics at either University of Surrey, Bournemouth or Queen Mary. I just want to ask for people opinion and suggestions, as I have never done economics before and only did maths at GCSE. Also wanted to ask how these unis are like.
Hi there,

To introduce myself – I'm Joao. In my final year studying BSc Economics at Surrey University, I am working as a Campus Ambassador for JP Morgan. I recently finished my one-year industrial placement as an Economist for the British Government's Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). I also had the opportunity to work as a Private Secretary to the Minister of Environment and Biosecurity.

It's great to hear that you are interested to study Economics at Surrey

On our BSc (Hons) Economics course you will acquire skills highly sought-after in today’s challenging economic environment, as private and public organisations strive to solve increasingly complex problems. Our teaching is at the forefront of the field and is influenced by real industry insights. All academics within our School of Economics are research-active and some are advisers to world-renowned organisations. Our award-winning Professional Training placements prepare students for roles in industry. We deliver on jobs, too. We were named  University of the Year for Graduate Employment in The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022.

I think you can find all you need here:

https://blogs.surrey.ac.uk/student-e...ics-in-surrey/

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I´m more than happy to help you!
Joao
Economics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (66)
69.47%
In the post (3)
3.16%
Text (13)
13.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
13.68%

Watched Threads