Translating a school certificate

Watch this thread
sokkaxii
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've gotten an email from qmu saying I need to translate my certificates from German to English I just don't know whereor how to do it. Do I call an agency or where do I translate my certificates thank you in advance 🙏
Anna Schoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sokkaxii)
I've gotten an email from qmu saying I need to translate my certificates from German to English I just don't know whereor how to do it. Do I call an agency or where do I translate my certificates thank you in advance 🙏
You need to find a translator who is a member of a professional body of translators. The two most important professional bodies for UK translators are the Chartered Institute of Linguists or the Institute of Translation and Interpreting. In the UK, only members of such professional bodies can give the certification that is required for the translation of an official document.

I would avoid googling German to English translation services as the choice will be overwhelming and you will not necessarily be getting a very good service.

In most instances, translators need to see the original documents. So I would look in the Yellow Pages first, to see if there are local translators who can do the job for you; you'll be able to make an appointment and show them the documents that need translating. My second stop would be the local solicitors, as they are likely to have names and contact details of competent translators.
sokkaxii
Rep:
(Original post by Anna Schoon)
You need to find a translator who is a member of a professional body of translators. The two most important professional bodies for UK translators are the Chartered Institute of Linguists or the Institute of Translation and Interpreting. In the UK, only members of such professional bodies can give the certification that is required for the translation of an official document.

I would avoid googling German to English translation services as the choice will be overwhelming and you will not necessarily be getting a very good service.

In most instances, translators need to see the original documents. So I would look in the Yellow Pages first, to see if there are local translators who can do the job for you; you'll be able to make an appointment and show them the documents that need translating. My second stop would be the local solicitors, as they are likely to have names and contact details of competent translators.
You are a lifesaver thank you very much🙏
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sokkaxii)
You are a lifesaver thank you very much🙏
You could potentially save yourself a bit of money by asking QMU if they’ll accept copies translated and stamped by your school.

They’ll often be info on exactly how they want them translated on their offer holder pages. Ultimately you may need to go to a certified translator but it’s better to check first.
sokkaxii
Rep:
(Original post by Admit-One)
You could potentially save yourself a bit of money by asking QMU if they’ll accept copies translated and stamped by your school.

They’ll often be info on exactly how they want them translated on their offer holder pages. Ultimately you may need to go to a certified translator but it’s better to check first.
that would be awsome ill ask them right away thank you as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (63)
68.48%
In the post (3)
3.26%
Text (13)
14.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
14.13%

Watched Threads