The Student Room Group

2022 Waiting for Results Day Stress Thread

All stress welcome, but read this first - (1) Guide to A-level results day 2022 | The Student Room

Scroll to see replies

Good luck to everyone getting their results this year! :smile:
Good Luck to everyone getting results this summer!! We hope you get all the grades you deserve after all your hard work this year :smile:
Original post by Obolinda
I'm just worried about having to sort out a clearing place (idek wat subject i'd pick) and having to prepare to go to that university in a short time. I dont really wanna go to my insurance. :frown:

i deffo dont want to retake

Ahhh me too
Original post by Ayyaaax
Ahhh me too

:hugs:
I'm just worried about having to sort out a clearing place (idek wat subject i'd pick) and having to prepare to go to that university in a short time. I dont really wanna go to my insurance. :frown:

Hi @Obolinda :smile: Don't worry too much, I'm sure you've done amazingly well and you will get your first choice!!

If you are worried about clearing though, I'd suggest looking into it and getting all the info you need before results day so you don't have that stress then! Kingston Uni have a Clearing hotline which is open now, plus loads of general info about Clearing to help you prepare for any Uni's Clearing! And I am sure lots of other Unis have the same on their websites. HERE is a link to our Clearing website - you can also look at all the courses available and see if any take your fancy :wink:

Just in case though... because I am sure you will be off to your first choice very soon :smile: good luck!!
Original post by Kingston Reps
Hi @Obolinda :smile: Don't worry too much, I'm sure you've done amazingly well and you will get your first choice!!

If you are worried about clearing though, I'd suggest looking into it and getting all the info you need before results day so you don't have that stress then! Kingston Uni have a Clearing hotline which is open now, plus loads of general info about Clearing to help you prepare for any Uni's Clearing! And I am sure lots of other Unis have the same on their websites. HERE is a link to our Clearing website - you can also look at all the courses available and see if any take your fancy :wink:

Just in case though... because I am sure you will be off to your first choice very soon :smile: good luck!!

If it comes to that a gap year might be better. If it gets to clearing and you dont know what subject to take then take time out to think about things and to consider your options. Rather do that than waste a load of money on something you might not enjoy.
(edited 1 year ago)
I'm quite worried about results day. I just have no idea what to expect.

Luckily I only need BBB to get into my firm and I'm taking a gap year so all shall be well... Hopefully.
very worried, need to get AAA and I don't think I have. I'm already in my third year of sixth form due to resitting year 12, I can't bear to do a year 15 to resit year 13 too. I know logically like, 20 isn't an old age, or too old to start uni. But the thought of doing a-levels for another year when they've depressed me so much for the past 3. And then all my friends leaving for uni for a second time will be heartbreaking.

But also I don't really know what else to do
Reply 10
Original post by themartinipolice
very worried, need to get AAA and I don't think I have. I'm already in my third year of sixth form due to resitting year 12, I can't bear to do a year 15 to resit year 13 too. I know logically like, 20 isn't an old age, or too old to start uni. But the thought of doing a-levels for another year when they've depressed me so much for the past 3. And then all my friends leaving for uni for a second time will be heartbreaking.

But also I don't really know what else to do

if it comes to that, instead of resitting A'levels again, have you considered doing a degree with a Foundation year? lots available depending o what you want to study. Also doing an access course might be another route. Good luck!
Original post by Makro
if it comes to that, instead of resitting A'levels again, have you considered doing a degree with a Foundation year? lots available depending o what you want to study. Also doing an access course might be another route. Good luck!

unfrotunately the course is medicine and they're aren't any that I qualify for
Reply 12
Original post by themartinipolice
unfrotunately the course is medicine and they're aren't any that I qualify for

Resit, apply again - if you want Med badly enough you won't give up.

Don’t worry at all. I know a lot of people who were in the same boat including me! My best advice is to have a look into clearing options just incase, most unis have a clearing phone number/hotline which are really helpful. Good luck i’m sure you’ll smash your exams and get into your first choice!

Hey same here. I applied for BA Industrial Design and I am worried about grades too.
It is ok and natural to worry. I used to worry about everything, but then I realised its much better to prepare yourself, whether if its for a good or bad outcome.
For example, I am going to design companies to self-promote and try to work for them for free. If this works out then it will not only be beneficial to my career, but the fact that I am actively looking for opportunities might put me in advantage trying to ask for a place in uni.
I recommend you to make use of this summer, to relax yourself and at the same time prepare yourself for career.
Fingers crossed for our result day!
not really worried about lower results or clearing process, just facing my parents if i dont get my grades :s-smilie:
Original post by Spelunker
not really worried about lower results or clearing process, just facing my parents if i dont get my grades :s-smilie:

You tried your best with what you got given on the day.
No-one knows exactly what questions will come up, so its always a lottery. I think anyone, even if they think they did well should always look at clearing options. Its a sensible move. Whether its firm/insurance/ clearing/resits/gap year; prior to your results, chat with your parents and explain if X happens Ill be doing this. If Y happens ill be doing that, And if Z happens then ill be doing the other. let them know of your plans. It will show them that you given it great thought and its not something that your deciding on a whim.
Reply 17

Hi there
Probably a good idea to decide now whether or not you want your insurance offer. Have you visited and researched it thoroughly? Why are you not keen on it? I am not saying you should go to a university you don't like - just that it is good to do your research to be sure that it is not a good option.

If you don't like it then you could maybe decide which courses you want to try in clearing - if they are available in clearing. Hopefully you will get the results you want but it is good to have your plan B sorted beforehand.

If you don't get the results you want and you don't want your insurance and the courses don't come up in clearing that you want, it is good to have looked into the other options now. My daughter decided she didn't want her insurance and, unlike in your case, it was already very obvious she had not got the grade she wanted in one of her A levels. She decided she didn't want to go to university last year for certain reasons so didn't try clearing. Resitting was a bad option for her so, during that summer she decided to do another type of one year course, applied again to university this year and hopefully it is looking very likely (subject to moderation) she will be off to the challenge of her first RG university choice in September. I personally didn't think the RG aspect was important in her case, but she did. The point I am making is it is good to research options available now so you are not rushed at the last minute and also that it is not the end of the world if things don't go as planned on results day.

Just bear in mind that student loan repayment periods are extended from next year and the salary level drops (the level at which you repay). I am not saying that this should be the main deciding factor but it is something to be aware of.
(edited 1 year ago)
I am pretty worried about results day tbh - I'd like to think I got what I wanted (A for English Lit, B for Psych and C for History), but with exams you just can't tell but at least I got an A* in my EPQ no matter what happens.
Anyway, I suppose whatever happens in Sept whether I start a BBC Apprenticeship or hopefully take up a full time retail job for my gap year, it won't matter too much and besides I'm still proud of myself for making it through A Levels.
Hope everyone is doing well - remember that worries are really really normal, but do try to look after yourself in the run up to results day and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all! :smile:

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest