Economics question

Watch this thread
Nicholson1882
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Would be grateful for some help as to how you'd go about answering this.

Name:  downiad.png
Views: 13
Size:  4.0 KB

Work out the % increase in *real* GDP.

(in case the table formats weird: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kKl...ew?usp=sharing)
Last edited by Nicholson1882; 1 month ago
STPZ
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Real GDP = ( nominal GDP / Price Index ) x 100

So work out the Real GDP for both (2t/100 x100) and (2.4t/105 x100) then work out the percentage difference (new - old / old x100%).

I think this is right
JudeKennedy
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
First work out the percentage change in nominal GDP, (difference/ original) X 100. Then work out the change in price level over the same time frame using the same formula, then take away the percentage change of price level from the percentage change in nominal GDP, giving a value for change in Real GDP
Nicholson1882
Rep:
(Original post by STPZ)
Real GDP = ( nominal GDP / Price Index ) x 100

So work out the Real GDP for both (2t/100 x100) and (2.4t/105 x100) then work out the percentage difference (new - old / old x100%).

I think this is right
yeah I had this in an exam and that's what I did.

(2.4 trillion / 105 ) x 100 = 2.2857 trillion

2.285 tr / 2 = 1.14

so 14.3%. Maybe messed up last bit.
Nicholson1882
Rep:
(Original post by JudeKennedy)
First work out the percentage change in nominal GDP, (difference/ original) X 100. Then work out the change in price level over the same time frame using the same formula, then take away the percentage change of price level from the percentage change in nominal GDP, giving a value for change in Real GDP
Get 15% doing this, not sure why it's a different answer to the other method.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (15)
15.31%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (25)
25.51%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (54)
55.1%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
4.08%

Watched Threads