Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student Loan assessed - But confused about entitlement? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all my application has been assessed. i checked the entitlement summary and it says the following.

Tuition Fees paid direct to your University or College
    Tuition Fee Grant - Payable By Student Finance No Entitlement for Tuition Fee Grant Support
    Tuition Fees Payable By Your Household £3145.00

Tuition Fee Loan paid direct to your University or College
    Total Tuition Fee Loan Available £3145.00
    Total Tuition Fee Loan Requested £3145.00

Contributions to Grants/Living costs
    Assessed Contribution £0.00
    Household Contribution for Means Tested Maintenance Loan £0.00

Grants (after Household contribution has been deducted)
    HE Maintenance Grant £2835.00

Maintenance Loan (paid direct to you)
    Total Maintenance Loan Available £2320.00
    Total Maintenance Loan Requested £2320.00
    Concering the highlighted bit, i provided evidence of my parents income how come it says 0.00 for that section? Have i done something wrong. and also the grant says (after Household contribution has been deducted) how is this so when the household part is 0.00?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green Lantern)
    Hi all my application has been assessed. i checked the entitlement summary and it says the following.

Concering the highlighted bit, i provided evidence of my parents income how come it says 0.00 for that section? Have i done something wrong. and also the grant says (after Household contribution has been deducted) how is this so when the household part is 0.00?:confused:
    Are your parents salaries above the threshold? It looks like it is and so you aren't eligible for the means tested grant.

ReputationRep:
    Your best bet is to ring the SLC and ask directly

But from this it would appear that
    Tuition fees- you aren't getting any grant, you have been given the loan so won't need to pay them until you qualify

You aren't entitled to means-tested loan

You seem to be entitled to a HE grant of £2835.00

Then your maintainance loan is £2320

But I'm no expert, this is just what it seems to say to me. If you want a proper answer make a phone call

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.