The Student Room Group

holiday anxiety

going to Greece in 1 week but I have to leave my dog. she's going to my aunties and I know she's safe but I actually will miss her so much. that mixed with getting on a plane makes me so anxious. any tips for reducing stress and anxiety when going away ?
Original post by kerry.woollands
going to Greece in 1 week but I have to leave my dog. she's going to my aunties and I know she's safe but I actually will miss her so much. that mixed with getting on a plane makes me so anxious. any tips for reducing stress and anxiety when going away ?

give her to a good pet minder . I like gaba it helps my anxiety.
Be sure to take some good puzzle books with you to your destination. Check flight times and so on. Once on the outbound flight, try to relax your mind completely. Eat wisely as well, and know your pre set limits to alcohol too. Research is key. Ask to see some pictures of your dog each day if possible.
Just the same struggles with holidays planes airport. I find preparing yourself for it understanding your worries helps. IE I'm worried about flight okay so I'd can sit in a seat you feel comfortable in by window isle but know this isn't always possible, what can you do on plane to distract but also give your self praises for getting on the plane etc. And tine to process it.
Moved to mental health section.

Quick Reply

Latest