zhengelse
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to study music in the future at Uni. I'm into composing music (any kind) and singing. I don't know which Uni I should consider applying to, and I don't know about the coursework at Universities. I want to apply for Berklee in Boston, but are there any Universities based in the UK that might suit someone like me? Even though I'm finishing my GCSEs soon, I feel like I have to start thinking about that shortly afterwards, or maybe not? Please can someone help me?
diorella
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zhengelse)
I want to study music in the future at Uni. I'm into composing music (any kind) and singing. I don't know which Uni I should consider applying to, and I don't know about the coursework at Universities. I want to apply for Berklee in Boston, but are there any Universities based in the UK that might suit someone like me? Even though I'm finishing my GCSEs soon, I feel like I have to start thinking about that shortly afterwards, or maybe not? Please can someone help me?
what about csm
zhengelse
Rep:
I don't know what that is...

(Original post by diorella)
what about csm
diorella
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
central st martins
zhengelse
Rep:
I went on their website, and they don’t have the coursework that I want to do… which is Music
diorella
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zhengelse)
I went on their website, and they don’t have the coursework that I want to do… which is Music
maybe I imagined it but im pretty sure they have a school of music I drove past in in London maybe it was somewhere else
zhengelse
Rep:
Probably like Royal Academy of Music smth like that, but however I feel like it’s mainly for performance such as classical and stuff like that. I do play classical pieces on my instruments but like for future, I don’t think I would want to do something like that since I’m more into music production.
username5741914
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Production? If you're talking about sound engineering and music production, then check out the Tonmeister at the University of Surrey:

https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergradua...ing-tonmeister

Something less academic, more creative? Look at Leeds:

https://www.leedsconservatoire.ac.uk...-with-popular/

Songwriting? Maybe LIPA:

https://lipa.ac.uk/courses/music-son...-production-ba

Want to focus on developing as an artist? Check out Trinity Laban:

https://www.trinitylaban.ac.uk/study...-and-industry/

Those are just four off the top of my head. In short; there are loads of options. You need to work out your strengths and exactly what you want to do - it will narrow down your best options.

(Edited because all my links got mangled...)
Last edited by username5741914; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (60)
68.97%
In the post (3)
3.45%
Text (12)
13.79%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (12)
13.79%

Watched Threads