Labradoodle1
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know the Manchester CS and Maths course has an extremely high entry requirement, but I'm curious what the actual offer rate is. To students who either study the course or received an offer for it, how competitive would you say it is? Also, what do you think puts certain applicants at an advantage over others?
Last edited by Labradoodle1; 1 month ago
Cupcakes12
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I got an offer for this course this year. I think it must be competitive, because the entry requirements are so high. My offer was A*A*A*. I had a personal statement which was mostly full of supercurriculars, as I wrote it to apply to Oxford. My predicted grades were A*A*A*A* so that probably also helped too. And obviously you can get a reduced offer if you are a contextual applicant, although I'm not sure how easy it is to get that.
Labradoodle1
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Cupcakes12)
I got an offer for this course this year. I think it must be competitive, because the entry requirements are so high. My offer was A*A*A*. I had a personal statement which was mostly full of supercurriculars, as I wrote it to apply to Oxford. My predicted grades were A*A*A*A* so that probably also helped too. And obviously you can get a reduced offer if you are a contextual applicant, although I'm not sure how easy it is to get that.
I'll check if I'm eligible for that. What subjects did you take, out of curiosity, and what other universities did you apply to/get into?
Cupcakes12
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Labradoodle1)
I'll check if I'm eligible for that. What subjects did you take, out of curiosity, and what other universities did you apply to/get into?
I took further maths, maths, computer science and music.

I applied to:
  • Oxford - rejected
  • Leicester - offer AAB
  • Birmingham - offer A*AA
  • York - offer AAA

I think they all wanted me to get at least an A in maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads