What to do for supercurriculars?

Watch this thread
nayanao11
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

Im currently in year11 and am reaching the end of my GCSE exams. Im looking to apply to HSPS for uni and I want to start preparing early - are there any good supercurriculars that I could do that would stand out in my uni application in the future?
Im currently working towards the John Locke Essay competition, and am planning on volunteering to give sex education to younger kids in a community organisation place (if covid doesnt get worse), as well as making educational sex ed videos online.

Also - is work experience important to applying to HSPS? If yes, what would you recommend doing?

Thanks!
Last edited by nayanao11; 1 month ago
tinkereleanor
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I'm in yr12 and applying for 2023 entry and you already seem to have more supercurriculars than me. Work experience isn't that necessary unless your applying for a course like medicine. your best bet is to try and do as much wider reading on your subject area as you can and maybe do a couple of moocs. yr11 summer is a time to relax and have a break before a levels start. Take a break and relax now, I wouldn't worry too much about preparing for uni till December of yr12 really.
nayanao11
Rep:
hey Eleanor,

I see. Thanks! hope everything goes well for ur application!!
it’s just that everyone around me seems to be way ahead of me so i’m just a bit worried in general
nayanao11
Rep:
hey Eleanor,I see. Thanks! hope everything goes well for ur application!!it’s just that everyone around me seems to be way ahead of me so i’m just a bit worried in general(omg idk if i’m replying to u correctly, this is so hard to navigate around
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (120)
40.54%
They're exactly what I expected (72)
24.32%