Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently studying for an art foundation and I am in the process of deciding which unis to apply to and I have found the final 5 which I would love to study at- the only problem is my top 2 -Falmouth and Lougborough -both want me to apply route B (Falmouth Route B 1st choice, Loughborough just route B). Im not sure which to put 1st as I havnt really had the chance to visit either cos they're quite a fair distance to travel to, so its hard to compare - and I dont wana put both route b incase that jeopordizes me being allowed to choose between them ( ie if falmouth excepted me from my
    1st choice I wouldnt be able to send my application to Loughborough, or if falmouth rejected me loughborough would reject me to because I put them second or vice versa!!) Is there any point putting falmouth route A? They do ask for an additional project including an essay - what does that involve?? Can it be an essay I have already done in the past for my art a level? Im so confused lol!

Thanks for taking time to read this!

ReputationRep:
    obviously falmouth, its one of the best universities in the country for art & design

ReputationRep:
    If you really want to apply to both then I'd put Loughborough as first choice Route B and apply to Falmouth through Route A. I put a reputable art Uni who mainly took applicants through Route B as Route A on my application last year and I still got interviewed, so, there's a chance that it will pay off. I would say though that Falmouth is an incredible Uni, although I don't know much about Loughborough.

Yep, Falmouth will ask for a project and an essay. I know for photography last year they accepted any essay, so I would think you can submit one you've already done.

edit: illustration not photography.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea_cakes)
    If you really want to apply to both then I'd put Loughborough as first choice Route B and apply to Falmouth through Route A. I put a reputable art Uni who mainly took applicants through Route B as Route A on my application last year and I still got interviewed, so, there's a chance that it will pay off. I would say though that Falmouth is an incredible Uni, although I don't know much about Loughborough.

Yep, Falmouth will ask for a photography project and an essay. I think last year the brief included self portraiture and I think they accept any photographic essay, so yes you can submit one you've already done.
    why would they ask for a photography project if youre applying to do illustration?

ReputationRep:
    ohh whoops, that's me with my photography head on. ignore me.

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks this is helping so much!! couple of questions tho... did you apply route A falmouth ( cos u said u had to do an essay and project) or do you just have to do an essay and project anyway? (if you apply route b) Also - do you think submitting my A-level personal study essay will be ok for this? It got an A so it should b ok? x ooo and another question : when do you get set this project/ essay? is it before your interview?? so you would have to bring it along with the rest of your portfolio?

ReputationRep:
    My friends that applied to Falmouth all applied through route A. They got set the project before their interview, I think it was around a couple of weeks before their interview dates and they submitted A Level essays and it was fine. This is for photography, but I wouldn't imagine illustration would be all that different.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much you've helped me loooads!! I actually know what im doing now - will put it route a thanks!!!! Gd luck with everything

ReputationRep:
    i love in falmouth- look at whats best for your course but rememeber its also not just about the study either... fal is lovely in the summer, but dead in the winter- and unless your prepared to travel elsewehere in cornwall, the nightlife is pretty pants!

ReputationRep:
    ermmm definitely loughborough. higher in league tables and just all round amazing!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.