The Student Room Group

What dating app/platform is the best to use for an Asian guy?

Hello, I wanted to try out dating apps but dating apps that come with a high success rate of matches. I needed some help and advice as to what I should include that makes up the “Dating Bio” or “Dating Profile” and which platform or app is best to use for an Asian guy especially to preferably find Asian Matches.

Scroll to see replies

Dating apps are a waste of time for most men, unless you're a top 1% man with male model good looks and built massive from the gym. I suggest you try your best to meet girls in real life - face-to-face interactions are miles better than being judged on your photos. Men far outnumber women on all dating apps and women are more selective than men, so if you want to maximise your chances, it's best to look elsewhere. If you stay with online dating you'll have to look at matrimonial websites like shaadi.com to find Asian women, but on these sites the women predominantly only want to get married first before dating or finding compatibility. You might run into older women and perhaps single mothers/divorcees too. I've heard Dil Mil is good for meeting younger Asian women, but the ones that want to date will be far more picky and materialistic than women of other ethnicities (especially when they're young and attractive).

What kind of Asian girls are you looking for? Like which backgrounds? You would improve your chances by opening up your dating preferences to other races not just Asian. I think dating is hard enough for men as it is - it's far far harder when you restrict yourself to just one race.

Tell us a bit about you, your age, background, job, education etc. Most Asian men will find these things get them better success in real life or meeting someone through their parents as opposed to online dating. I think very very few Asian men nowadays have better success through online dating than these routes.
Original post by asif007
Dating apps are a waste of time for most men, unless you're a top 1% man with male model good looks and built massive from the gym. I suggest you try your best to meet girls in real life - face-to-face interactions are miles better than being judged on your photos. Men far outnumber women on all dating apps and women are more selective than men, so if you want to maximise your chances, it's best to look elsewhere. If you stay with online dating you'll have to look at matrimonial websites like shaadi.com to find Asian women, but on these sites the women predominantly only want to get married first before dating or finding compatibility. You might run into older women and perhaps single mothers/divorcees too. I've heard Dil Mil is good for meeting younger Asian women, but the ones that want to date will be far more picky and materialistic than women of other ethnicities (especially when they're young and attractive).

What kind of Asian girls are you looking for? Like which backgrounds? You would improve your chances by opening up your dating preferences to other races not just Asian. I think dating is hard enough for men as it is - it's far far harder when you restrict yourself to just one race.

Tell us a bit about you, your age, background, job, education etc. Most Asian men will find these things get them better success in real life or meeting someone through their parents as opposed to online dating. I think very very few Asian men nowadays have better success through online dating than these routes.

I am looking for Bengali Girls.
I am 21 years old and I work as a Sales Assistant.
I am in my 3rd and final year of University studying a Bachelors in Computing.
Original post by Anonymous
I am looking for Bengali Girls.
I am 21 years old and I work as a Sales Assistant.
I am in my 3rd and final year of University studying a Bachelors in Computing.

This sounds familiar to me. I think we have spoken about this before.

As a student and sales assistant, honestly you're not going to have much success on dating apps. Women are looking for top tier 1% men with a great physique, high-earning jobs and big displays of luxury like expensive cars and big houses. Until you achieve all of those, online dating isn't going to give you much return on investment. I suggest you graduate first, get a job and work your way up to a higher-earning position, get on the property ladder etc. Only your looks and physique work on dating apps whereas in real life you get to sell the whole package to a girl and show her your personality as well as everything you've earned, on top of your looks.

How tall are you? Are you going to the gym regularly or playing some kind of aggressive sport like boxing?
Original post by asif007

As a student and sales assistant, honestly you're not going to have much success on dating apps. Women are looking for top tier 1% men with a great physique, high-earning jobs and big displays of luxury like expensive cars and big houses. Until you achieve all of those, online dating isn't going to give you much return on investment. I suggest you graduate first, get a job and work your way up to a higher-earning position, get on the property ladder etc. Only your looks and physique work on dating apps whereas in real life you get to sell the whole package to a girl and show her your personality as well as everything you've earned, on top of your looks.

How tall are you? Are you going to the gym regularly or playing some kind of aggressive sport like boxing?

I’m 5’11, and I play Cricket as a Middle Order Batsman. Football as a Goalkeeper.
I’m 5’11, and I play Cricket as a Middle Order Batsman. Football as a Goalkeeper.

I don't think it's enough to make online dating worth your time tbh. Men with much better profiles than yours are still getting nothing from online dating, not even a reply. Or they match with much less attractive women such as overweight, older or single mothers.

Why do you want to stick to online dating? What's stopping you from meeting girls in person?
Original post by asif007

I really now see this as the perfect opportunity to find someone and be able to get to know them better yes it’s hard and I find it a struggle in a way I am ashamed to say that I do find myself being lonely but I can’t see why it ain’t worth a try especially when I am about to graduate next year from university and my match from the dating app will already know about my career plans and the path I wish to follow…
Original post by asif007
I don't think it's enough to make online dating worth your time tbh. Men with much better profiles than yours are still getting nothing from online dating, not even a reply. Or they match with much less attractive women such as ove

Why do you want to stick to online dating? What's stopping you from meeting girls in person?

There was this one girl who in particular I had a strong bond and developed a good sense of understanding and connection whilst at work, I told her how I felt towards her and that I developed feelings for her but she said because it was at such a early stage she wouldn’t be able to reciprocate those feelings back, and ever since then we were talking as friends on social media however she just lied in front of my face saying she’ll remove her account when it’s clearly active after multiple friend requests and she blatantly knows my presence is in front of her or there at work and she speaks to every other colleague except me. And that’s the same girl that I had done many favours for, we work extremely well as a pair and team and we both had each other’s back.
I really now see this as the perfect opportunity to find someone and be able to get to know them better yes it’s hard and I find it a struggle in a way I am ashamed to say that I do find myself being lonely but I can’t see why it ain’t worth a try especially when I am about to graduate next year from university and my match from the dating app will already know about my career plans and the path I wish to follow…

This sounds a bit naive to me. If you've tried dating apps before, you would know that girls are not interested in your career plans unless it's high-earning, and you need to have some demonstration of wealth in your pictures. Girls on dating apps are not interested in what you have planned for the future - they want it right now. That's why I say meeting girls in person is better because at least you can explain to them your plans for the future and get a response. On dating apps you'll most likely be ignored. I don't know how you've got the idea that dating apps are the perfect opportunity to meet someone - they really aren't that useful for most men.

I think your age may be a hindrance as well. You're only 21 - that's very young for a guy. Women usually want a man a bit older than them. If I knew everything I know about dating apps now back when I was 21, I wouldn't have started using them at all.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by asif007
This sounds a bit naive to me. If you've tried dating apps before, you would know that girls are not interested in your career plans unless it's high-earning, and you need to have some demonstration of wealth in your pictures. Girls on dating apps are not interested in what you have planned for the future - they want it right now. That's why I say meeting girls in person is better because at least you can explain to them your plans for the future and get a response. On dating apps you'll most likely be ignored. I don't know how you've got the idea that dating apps are the perfect opportunity to meet someone - they really aren't that useful for most men.

I think your age may be a hindrance as well. You're only 21 - that's very young for a guy. Women usually want a man a bit older than them. If I knew everything I know about dating apps now back when I was 21, I wouldn't have started using them at all.

Im 22 this year…
Im 22 this year…

Still too young bro. Women equate a man's age with his success. When you're younger, they expect you aren't very successful. Have you asked your parents to find someone for you?
Original post by asif007
Still too young bro. Women equate a man's age with his success. When you're younger, they expect you aren't very successful. Have you asked your parents to find someone for you?

My mother won’t find me one until I graduate which is next year.
Original post by asif007

And I am looking to complete half my deen when I hit my prime years 25 years old.
My mother won’t find me one until I graduate which is next year.

And I am looking to complete half my deen when I hit my prime years 25 years old.

So why don't you wait until next year? You'll be 23, that gives you another 2 years for your mum to find someone for you.

I know you want to complete half your deen ASAP but the Quran says nothing about getting married before a certain age. Muslim men are getting married later and later, especially in the UK because British girls are demanding it. 25 isn't prime marriageable age for men any more - now it's more like 29/30 or even older. If you want to get married younger, you might have to look at girls from back home.
Original post by asif007
So why don't you wait until next year? You'll be 23, that gives you another 2 years for your mum to find someone for you.

I know you want to complete half your deen ASAP but the Quran says nothing about getting married before a certain age. Muslim men are getting married later and later, especially in the UK because British girls are demanding it. 25 isn't prime marriageable age for men any more - now it's more like 29/30 or even older. If you want to get married younger, you might have to look at girls from back home.

Well I do want to marry a British girl best worth waiting your advice I guess brother :smile:.
Well I do want to marry a British girl best worth waiting your advice I guess brother :smile:.

Yes it's best to wait brother. Find a girl who is a good match for you, then talk to her and her family about when you want to get married. It's possible that you might be ready for marriage at 25, but she might want to wait longer so she can work. You never know what's going to happen so don't put an age limit on it.
Original post by asif007
Yes it's best to wait brother. Find a girl who is a good match for you, then talk to her and her family about when you want to get married. It's possible that you might be ready for marriage at 25, but she might want to wait longer so she can work. You never know what's going to happen so don't put an age limit on it.

Thanks brother. Yeah anything possible. Just feeling a bit empty that’s all. :smile:
Thanks brother. Yeah anything possible. Just feeling a bit empty that’s all. :smile:

Don't feel empty brother. You're a man - you are worth more than just your experiences with women. Chin up! :smile:
Original post by asif007
Don't feel empty brother. You're a man - you are worth more than just your experiences with women. Chin up! :smile:

Thank you very much :smile:.
Hey, as a fellow Muslim in their 20s, I’d recommend you establish yourself first I.e finish your degree etc or however you hope to progress and hopefully when the time is right you’ll find the one- without the need of a dating app

Best wishes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest