The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

How flexible is Reading Uni with their offers?

I have a conditional offer from Reading uni asking for a BBC to do Bsc psychology

It is currently my insurance choice however I’ve been in contact with UCAS to switch it to my firm.

I have finished my exams, and I’m confident I got B in two of my subjects (including psychology), but I’m worried I got a D in my English exam. I’m really not sure if I got a D or a C.

Does anyone know if reading would let me in with a BBD? If not, would they allow an ABD?

If you go to reading pls let me know what ur offer was vs what u actually got, I’m really stressed about this and I don’t know what I’m going to do if I don’t get in.

Also, does anyone know how many marks I would need in each of the English exams (AQA) for a C if I got 84% in the coursework? The 2019 grade boundaries are making no sense to me.

Bottom line - would reading uni allow me in with a BBD if my offer is BBC?
Ring them up and ask them if they usually have some leniency for your course. And if so what they take into account when deciding which applicants to accept with lower grades.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by anonymous1901190

Simple answer - no-one knows.
It will depend on how many other people achieve the required grades, and then how many, if any, spaces there are.
It then depends on which 'near miss' they decide to take.

Like everyone else, you will just have to wait for Results Day.
'Watring for Results Day' thread - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7230337
Original post by anonymous1901190
I have a conditional offer from Reading uni asking for a BBC to do Bsc psychology

It is currently my insurance choice however I’ve been in contact with UCAS to switch it to my firm.

I have finished my exams, and I’m confident I got B in two of my subjects (including psychology), but I’m worried I got a D in my English exam. I’m really not sure if I got a D or a C.

Does anyone know if reading would let me in with a BBD? If not, would they allow an ABD?

If you go to reading pls let me know what ur offer was vs what u actually got, I’m really stressed about this and I don’t know what I’m going to do if I don’t get in.

Also, does anyone know how many marks I would need in each of the English exams (AQA) for a C if I got 84% in the coursework? The 2019 grade boundaries are making no sense to me.

Hey @anonymous1901190

Sorry to hear you're a bit stressed - you've done your best so please try not to worry about it as much as possible as you've done all you can until results day for the moment. However, it is totally normal to have questions and worries - I know I was having similar thoughts when I was in your position - it just shows that this is important to you!
Whilst I unfortunately cannot give you a concrete yes or no answer to your question, I do however know that Reading is a university that takes pride in considering students for more than just their grades. This means they try their very best to consider applications on an individual basis and not solely based on grades; they will consider the application holistically and take other factors into consideration before making a final decision as they understand that sometimes things can go wrong.

My advice would be to wait and see - try and enjoy your Summer until then! If you have any questions about your application though, you can contact our admissions team ([email protected]) who will be happy to help. If you have any other questions or worries about university/Reading in general, please do let us know though and we will try to help where we can too!

Hope this is helpful in someway but sorry we can't be more help with this! Good luck with your results - we're all rooting for you!

Skye :smile:
2nd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Quick Reply

Latest