need affordable prom dress shops URGENTLY

Watch this thread
circa1970
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
after having extra costs piled on top of me just to ATTEND my schools prom, ive had to leave getting a dress to very last minute. im talking a week, my prom is next friday. i have a budget of £150, and i need places that have inclusive sizing. i know its unlikely to get anything i actually like at this point, or even in the first place with that budget, but i thought i would ask.
friends have gotten gorgeous dresses for £50-£100 somewhere in finsbury park, but cant remember the name of the shop. if anyone thinks they know where it is, please lmk.
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
Heya
Try a charity or dress shop.
circa1970
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by tinyperson)
Heya
Try a charity or dress shop.
hi! all of the charity shops ive been in either dont have anything in my size, or anything appropriate for the occasion. all of the dress shops ive looked at clash with my budget, and i want to try to avoid buying online because that always goes wrong for me lmao
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by circa1970)
hi! all of the charity shops ive been in either dont have anything in my size, or anything appropriate for the occasion. all of the dress shops ive looked at clash with my budget, and i want to try to avoid buying online because that always goes wrong for me lmao
You might have to however. Or you can borrow a dress.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
https://onlineshop.oxfam.org.uk/sear...t=prom%20dress
Oongie
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by circa1970)
after having extra costs piled on top of me just to ATTEND my schools prom, ive had to leave getting a dress to very last minute. im talking a week, my prom is next friday. i have a budget of £150, and i need places that have inclusive sizing. i know its unlikely to get anything i actually like at this point, or even in the first place with that budget, but i thought i would ask.
friends have gotten gorgeous dresses for £50-£100 somewhere in finsbury park, but cant remember the name of the shop. if anyone thinks they know where it is, please lmk.
Sports direct or primark
Last edited by Oongie; 5 days ago
Ghostlady
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
House of fraser, or Asos online possibly.
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
How I hate these proms! When I was in your year, we would have a dance in the hall in our school uniforms and that was that.

As a single mum myself, the pressure to spend lots of money on an outfit and limo etc must be enormous and luckily both my sons didn’t have to follow this tacky imported American custom.

Have you read the article about a girl who attended a school where, to go to the prom, her father had to buy a dress for £550. She had to earn 500 “good behaviour “ points to be allowed to go. Then the girl had one day off sick and the teachers said she couldn’t go.

I do hope you find a dress however if not a prom is just a very small thing when compared with the happy life I hope you have ahead of you.
leveiofan
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
If you want to buy a cheap but high-quality dress, it's best to look for ads for girls. After graduation, there is nowhere to wear lush and huge dresses, so they often lie in the closet. Some girls are trying to sell them to make room. Of course, please buy a new white mini dress and some jewelry. It will look much more aesthetically pleasing and attractive. But remember, the most important thing is your mood and desire to have fun at the graduation party. It is not so important what you will wear; it is much more important than the emotions you will receive.
Last edited by leveiofan; 1 day ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.27%
As I expected (23)
29.87%
Harder (29)
37.66%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.19%

Watched Threads