The Student Room Group

Exam Worry

During my English exam the invigilator forgot to give me the extract in the middle of the exam where the story we get a question on changes, and assumed she forgot to give me the booklet where I wrote my answers, so she took it away but I had written all the details on there. So now I’m worried because I’ve handed in 3 answer booklets and one is blank so will they give me no marks for the 2nd booklet I handed in because one of them is blank?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by John dasemo
During my English exam the invigilator forgot to give me the extract in the middle of the exam where the story we get a question on changes, and assumed she forgot to give me the booklet where I wrote my answers, so she took it away but I had written all the details on there. So now I’m worried because I’ve handed in 3 answer booklets and one is blank so will they give me no marks for the 2nd booklet I handed in because one of them is blank?

What type of exam was it?Actual A level or GCSE.Also it is unclear what happened exactly.Read what you posted and see if you can clarify.
(edited 1 year ago)
It was a GCSE exam, during the English literature exam we swapped over from texts to Inspector Calls to Jekyll and Hide, they didn’t give me the Jeklyy and Hide test but did give the me answer booklet where you write your answer to the questions, I had already filled my details out on it before it was taken away, mistakingly as the inspector calls answer booklet, but the booklet was blank. So my main concern is that I had handed in 3 booklets (one being completely empty inside) and they may not give me any marks for my work on Jekkyl and Hide because they mark the blank booklet and give me 0 marks.
Original post by John dasemo
It was a GCSE exam, during the English literature exam we swapped over from texts to Inspector Calls to Jekyll and Hide, they didn’t give me the Jeklyy and Hide test but did give the me answer booklet where you write your answer to the questions, I had already filled my details out on it before it was taken away, mistakingly as the inspector calls answer booklet, but the booklet was blank. So my main concern is that I had handed in 3 booklets (one being completely empty inside) and they may not give me any marks for my work on Jekkyl and Hide because they mark the blank booklet and give me 0 marks.

As long as the booklet where you did answer the question was handed in and had all of the right details on it, it will be marked. Alert your exams office to what happened so that they aware of it. They can contact the examiners on your behalf (but with millions of exam papers being handled I'm never convinced that examiners can investigate every query raised by students). In the extremely unlikely event that things go wrong: IF on results day you seem to have a remarkably low mark, ask for a copy of your paper back and check that your answer was marked and the results were credited to you.

Quick Reply

Latest