‘Briefcase’?

Watch this thread
SamW05
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So, I saw today that people in my A Level Maths class were talking about me on Twitter.

I don’t speak to these people, so I am sure it wasn’t friendly but they said something along the lines of ‘briefcase wasn’t there today’. I know they were talking about me…

I just wanted to ask, honestly, what they mean by ‘briefcase’. As I said, I don’t speak to these people so I doubt it was a friendly thing. What does it mean to give someone the name of ‘briefcase’.

Would very much appreciate honest answers - I can take that. I just am tearing myself apart not knowing what is meant by ‘briefcase’.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Are you the only person there that uses one? It is a disparaging nickname which identifies you with a distinguishing feature, viz. your briefcase.
SamW05
Rep:
(Original post by gjd800)
Are you the only person there that uses one? It is a disparaging nickname which identifies you with a distinguishing feature, viz. your briefcase.
No! That’s what puzzles me - I have never brought a briefcase to school…
SamW05
Rep:
Disparaging? Ah, so these people are not likely saying this in a positive way about me then?
SamW05
Rep:
I have never even owned a briefcase!
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
In that case its definitely a ****take and they are not being pleasant, no.

Honestly, if you don't know them and aren't fussed, don't let it bother you. it's what kids do (rightly or wrongly).
SamW05
Rep:
(Original post by gjd800)
In that case its definitely a ****take and they are not being pleasant, no.

Honestly, if you don't know them and aren't fussed, don't let it bother you. it's what kids do (rightly or wrongly).
Thanks. I thought as much.

It’s an A Level Maths class so not really kids as such. I thought that type of stuff stopped in sixth form.
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SamW05)
Thanks. I thought as much.

It’s an A Level Maths class so not really kids as such. I thought that type of stuff stopped in sixth form.
You are all kids to an old fart like me :lol:

But yeah, one would hope. My experience says otherwise - young adults can be inconsiderate and nasty.
SamW05
Rep:
zasng45
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
maybe they think ur rich
SamW05
Rep:
Doubt that…
(Original post by zasng45)
maybe they think ur rich
SamW05
Rep:
Does anyone else have any thoughts on what ‘briefcase’ could mean?
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Will McKenzie from Inbetweeners - i.e. they think you are a nerd or a posh 'prick'.
Blue_Cow
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Does anyone else have any thoughts on what ‘briefcase’ could mean?
Stuck up, pedantic
SamW05
Rep:
But I’m not?!
(Original post by gtty123)
Will McKenzie from Inbetweeners - i.e. they think you are a nerd or a posh 'prick'.
Meduse
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
But I’m not?!
You know yourself best. Don't let it bother you.
gtty123
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
But I’m not?!
It's how they may perceive you.
itslitbro
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
pretend its cool - i think it is, so just take it, and continue.:cool:
, ive had some people talk on social media back in secondary school - but crazily all you receive is respect to your face irl :cookie:

imo take it with a grain of salt, and unless you're affected in some other way, dont let something so little take up so much of your time - life awaits nobody!
UNNAMED_100
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
You are always traveling?
You are smart?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (16)
27.12%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (30)
50.85%
First aid skills (3)
5.08%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.69%
Sign language (8)
13.56%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads