Human, Social, and Political Science and Cambridge

Watch this thread
zaranxj
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I just wanted to know what the likelihood of getting an offer from Cambridge to study Human, Social, and Political Sciences because of my a levels. I do a level Law, sociology and business and I know all three are considered ‘soft’ a levels so most unis don’t care for them. However if I do exceptionally good in them should I take the risk and apply?
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
There are no specific subject requirements for HSPS, although essay-based subjects are considered an advantage.

If, by "exceptionally good", you mean A*AA (the typical entry requirement for HSPS) then it would not be a wasted application.
helicopterbrawl
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I do HSPS and those subjects sound good! The subjects you've picked here will not hold you back - just have to make sure you do well enough to meet the entry requirements. Your personal statement and interview will likely be more important in helping the admissions tutors decide if you are the right fit for the course so try focus on doing that the best you can there. Feel free to message me if you'd like me to read over it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.91%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (23)
34.33%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.46%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.49%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.45%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.9%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.99%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.48%

Watched Threads