Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My ex wrote me an angry email, should I respond? Watch

I dated him for 3 months and we've been broke up nearly a year ago.

First he sent me an email trying to get back with me. Then when I declined, he sent me an email telling me that I treated him badly and he has unresolved issues. He says that he's still angry, but doesn't want my sympathy.

Is that the end of it, or should I reply? I feel like we split up a long time ago.

ReputationRep:
    Don't reply.

a) you don't want to get involved in a series of email exchanges do you? (once he replies to your email you will probably have an urge to reply back and justify what you initially said)

b) He'll move on sooner if you don't reply

ReputationRep:
    Ignore him! He needs to get over you and accept that you don't want him!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, he only wants attention. Don't give it to him, he'll get bored!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayleeLand)
    Ignore him! He needs to get over you and accept that you don't want him!
    this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I dated him for 3 months and we've been broke up nearly a year ago.

First he sent me an email trying to get back with me. Then when I declined, he sent me an email telling me that I treated him badly and he has unresolved issues. He says that he's still angry, but doesn't want my sympathy.

Is that the end of it, or should I reply? I feel like we split up a long time ago.
    I think, to give him closure, you should respond to what he's said but also at the end talk about how you should both stay out of contact until you can just be friends and have got over the issues.

ReputationRep:
    Send him a disgusting picture (goatse, lemonparty etc).

ReputationRep:
    Ignore it He's wanting attention.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.