Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Discuss

ReputationRep:
    If you mean "common" then yes, everyone uses it. If you mean "crude", I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    no
    /thread

ReputationRep:
    no, your just being a douche bag :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, why not? If that's what makes you happy.

ReputationRep:
    It takes over your life. I wish it didn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    If you like it, use it. If you hate it, don't.
    No one is forced to use it.

ReputationRep:
    Unutterably so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    Unutterably so.
    It's very American imo. Advertising how many friends you have and being in competition about it

ReputationRep:
    Facebook is merely a webpage available for people to use bits of. So it is only as vulgar as the people who use it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Advertising how many friends you have and being in competition about it
    Err, that's not really the point of it. Well for anyone over the age of 13 anyway, that's not the point.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how people sit there for hours on end engaged in Facebook. Honestly, what do they do on there? Browse photos and look at friend lists I suppose. How incredibly boring. Honestly, I've only looked at a couple of my friends photos once or twice, I haven't seen 98% of my friends list photos.

I have better things to do with my time, namely, TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    If you mean "common" then yes, everyone uses it. If you mean "crude", I don't think so.
    Not everyone uses it. A lot of people don't have time to waste on facebook or see any reason to use it.

ReputationRep:
    It's not what it use to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freddythemonster)
    Not everyone uses it. A lot of people don't have time to waste on facebook or see any reason to use it.
    Oh sorry. Most young people then.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more of an English thing. I don't have it, my friend does though and she only has like 16 friends but on bebo she has like 200+? and that's only including people she's met before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    It's very American imo. Advertising how many friends you have and being in competition about it
    Indeed. Very American.

ReputationRep:
    yes deeply vulgar. its a ***** paradise. hi5 and friendster are at least discreet but that one in particular is about as vacous as it gets.

ReputationRep:
    I think so, a rubbish website, it gets worse and worse.

ReputationRep:
    It was better before all the apps started appearing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.