Writing legal dissertation in 4 weeks - is it doable?

Watch this thread
losttoad
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I have 4 weeks until submission, and need to write out the 8-10,000 word essay, plus a 2,000 word plan.
I am aiming for a 2:1 at least, if not a 1st.

Is this feasible? And would really appreciate any answers from anyone who may have been in a similar situation.

Thank-you!
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
Yes, it is achievable.
The University of Law Students
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by losttoad)
I have 4 weeks until submission, and need to write out the 8-10,000 word essay, plus a 2,000 word plan.
I am aiming for a 2:1 at least, if not a 1st.

Is this feasible? And would really appreciate any answers from anyone who may have been in a similar situation.

Thank-you!
It is feasible but if you want the top grades you are going to have to work very hard for the next four weeks. Planning and research are the key to higher marks.

Hopefully, you already have your dissertation question approved. If not, the narrower/more specific you can make it, the easier it will be able to meet the 4 week deadline.

Timetable your next 4 weeks and stick to your timetable. Over-estimate how much time you will need for each part. Allow sufficient time for proof-reading and referencing (this takes much longer than you think).

As you have left it so late, it is highly unlikely that you will get much input from your tutors. They have other committments to attend to at this time of year.

4 weeks of hard work and you can do it. It's only 4 weeks.

Best of luck and I hope you do it.
Nic
Student Ambassador at the University of Law

P.S turn off social media and don't let yourself get distracted.
Funtimes01_
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
A 2:1 is definitely achievable, and even a first depending on how concise, well argued and 'well layered' your work is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (7)
31.82%
As I expected (4)
18.18%
Harder (10)
45.45%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.55%

Watched Threads