The Student Room Group

Period annoying me! Help

I’m in discomfort, however, I’m not supposed to be on my period right now and I am bleeding and it’s not spotting as it’s painful and it has leaked on my bed. Although, it has stopped a few hours later. It does this and it scares me. I can’t see a GP because they’re too slow and then I’ll bleed a few hours later probably. Does anyone experience this?
Original post by Anonymous
I’m in discomfort, however, I’m not supposed to be on my period right now and I am bleeding and it’s not spotting as it’s painful and it has leaked on my bed. Although, it has stopped a few hours later. It does this and it scares me. I can’t see a GP because they’re too slow and then I’ll bleed a few hours later probably. Does anyone experience this?

have you had anything recently up inside? Or have you been injured
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
have you had anything recently up inside? Or have you been injured

Nope I haven’t. I’m a virgin and nothing has been injured
are you taking birth control or new meds or is there a history of PCOS in your family?

if you don't mind my asking, why are you not meant to be on your period rn? is it too early, or have you just finished a cycle?

Menstrual cycles vary from person to person, and spotting is not uncommon. A range of factors, including stress, early pregnancy, and certain health issues can cause it. If spotting persists and accompanies any other symptoms, such as pelvic pain, speak with a doctor.

Below is the NHS website link for you to have a look at okay.

www.nhs.uk
https://www.nhs.uk womens-health
What causes bleeding between periods? - NHS

The problem is that there's quite a few different factors that can cause your issues you are having, so the best thing to do is to get a GP appointment and discuss with them your concerns about this matter and let them decide what is the best way forward in regards of any further treatment that they can give you.

I wouldn't disclose any thing about your private life here to anyone okay.

A NHS registered midwife
Original post by Tracey_W
Menstrual cycles vary from person to person, and spotting is not uncommon. A range of factors, including stress, early pregnancy, and certain health issues can cause it. If spotting persists and accompanies any other symptoms, such as pelvic pain, speak with a doctor.

Below is the NHS website link for you to have a look at okay.

www.nhs.uk
https://www.nhs.uk womens-health
What causes bleeding between periods? - NHS

The problem is that there's quite a few different factors that can cause your issues you are having, so the best thing to do is to get a GP appointment and discuss with them your concerns about this matter and let them decide what is the best way forward in regards of any further treatment that they can give you.

I wouldn't disclose any thing about your private life here to anyone okay.

A NHS registered midwife

Yes, i have had it a lot but when I pee it hurts (burns). So I don't know what's wrong. When I wipe with tissue it will have pinkish blood or nothing there. It doesn't smell like period blood either which I know is grim but it smells of nothing. It's not coming out of my bladder as I checked with a tampon so it's coming out of my vagina. I have a history of PCOS so maybe that's the problem but all this pain all the time is really unfair. I am getting an appointment tomorrow I hope!
are you taking birth control or new meds or is there a history of PCOS in your family?

if you don't mind my asking, why are you not meant to be on your period rn? is it too early, or have you just finished a cycle?

No I'm not on any birth control or new meds. I have pcos myself yes. Because I had it like three weeks ago and it's abnormal for me plus it burns when I pee. I also checked with a tampon to make sure it was my vagina not my bladder bleeding. So it can't be my bladder. Idk
No I'm not on any birth control or new meds. I have pcos myself yes. Because I had it like three weeks ago and it's abnormal for me plus it burns when I pee. I also checked with a tampon to make sure it was my vagina not my bladder bleeding. So it can't be my bladder. Idk

if it burns when you pee, go to a doctor. it might be serious.
if it burns when you pee, go to a doctor. it might be serious.

I might be seeing one tomorrow. I doubt it'd be serious. It could just be my period but it's not a normal flow. Maybe I just didn't ovulate
I might be seeing one tomorrow. I doubt it'd be serious. It could just be my period but it's not a normal flow. Maybe I just didn't ovulate

well the burning pee is quite serious. but just get checked just in case.
well the burning pee is quite serious. but just get checked just in case.

I literally had a uti/kidney infection a while ago and it was burning then but my pain was where my kidneys were. I have chronic pelvic pain and I don't have any kidney pain. Idk what it is. Plus I can't see doctors atm as my surgery is sooo bad. I can only see healthcare professionals or nurses if I'm lucky
I literally had a uti/kidney infection a while ago and it was burning then but my pain was where my kidneys were. I have chronic pelvic pain and I don't have any kidney pain. Idk what it is. Plus I can't see doctors atm as my surgery is sooo bad. I can only see healthcare professionals or nurses if I'm lucky

Could be that the infection hasn't cleared up properly and it came back !!!!

Majority of practice nurses can actually treat you for thing's and perhaps take a sample of urine along with you when you go to the appointment with the nurse or a doctor.

www.nhs.uk
https://www.nhs.uk conditions
Cystitis - NHS

Urinary tract infections (UTIs) - NHS
Could be that the infection hasn't cleared up properly and it came back !!!!

Majority of practice nurses can actually treat you for thing's and perhaps take a sample of urine along with you when you go to the appointment with the nurse or a doctor.

www.nhs.uk
Cystitis - NHS

Urinary tract infections (UTIs) - NHS

Yes they put me on three different medications because it wouldn't go. I then felt better after the third medication. I have period problems and it's so confusing. I'll just see what they say tomorrow. It could just be a very light period. Idk :cry2:
Yes they put me on three different medications because it wouldn't go. I then felt better after the third medication. I have period problems and it's so confusing. I'll just see what they say tomorrow. It could just be a very light period. Idk :cry2:

Unfortunately periods problems aren't nice okay but if you get things hopefully sorted out with the doctor then you should feel better soon. That's the thing with a infection you need to find the right antibiotics to get rid of it and it can take a few attempts to do so. Not good for you like until you are on the correct antibiotics.

You have to talk about it with your GP or practice nurse and let them sort out what is the best way forward in dealing with your periods problems okay.

Let know how you get on with things at the GP practice okay xxx
Unfortunately periods problems aren't nice okay but if you get things hopefully sorted out with the doctor then you should feel better soon. That's the thing with a infection you need to find the right antibiotics to get rid of it and it can take a few attempts to do so. Not good for you like until you are on the correct antibiotics.

You have to talk about it with your GP or practice nurse and let them sort out what is the best way forward in dealing with your periods problems okay.

Let know how you get on with things at the GP practice okay xxx

hi! yes i literally wasn't bleeding for hours and so i took my tampon out and stupidly wore white underwear and then blood gushed out and then stopped bleeding again. i'm just so confused. could it be a sign of an sti? i just want to cross things out. i'm getting an appointment on tuesday to see a doctor!! yay!! thank you! i'll let you know xxx
hi! yes i literally wasn't bleeding for hours and so i took my tampon out and stupidly wore white underwear and then blood gushed out and then stopped bleeding again. i'm just so confused. could it be a sign of an sti? i just want to cross things out. i'm getting an appointment on tuesday to see a doctor!! yay!! thank you! i'll let you know xxx

Unless someone you know has one, and you've shared a towel, or panties that haven't been cleaned then I don't think so. Also unless someone has touched you down there, and they have an STD then I don't think so.
Unless someone you know has one, and you've shared a towel, or panties that haven't been cleaned then I don't think so. Also unless someone has touched you down there, and they have an STD then I don't think so.

i have been touched down there... but this was months ago and idk if he did or not.
i have been touched down there... but this was months ago and idk if he did or not.

did you symptoms start around that time? if so, ask him if he did and get tested yourself.
did you symptoms start around that time? if so, ask him if he did and get tested yourself.

well, ik the pain has nothing to do with it as it's been here for years but it's just the bleeding i'm concerned about. i also spot a lot but not heavy so it's different. normally spotting is brown or very light but this keeps becoming ever so heavy or it becomes light or then it disappears and comes back out of nowhere.

Yes I don't think you are alone what you done with tampon and white underwear and suddenly blood coming out like you describe as many others has probably done the exact same thing as yourself.

It's difficult to say if it's another STI until you have been to your GP appointment and let them do the necessary tests for it okay. A STI can lay dorment for years never mind months
( In some cases, an STD may be asymptomatic (not show symptoms) because it's latent, or lying dormant in your body. Latent STDs can cause someone to remain undiagnosed until symptoms begin to appear. This may put them at risk for long-term complications.
STD: Incubation period
Chlamydia: 7–21 days
Gonorrhea: 1–14 days
Syphilis: 3 weeks–20 years (depending on type) ).

Your problems with the pain perhaps needs further investigation but only your GP can suggest that they will refer you to see somebody at the hospital about it unless you have already been through this process.

Bleeding constantly throughout the month either on your periods or out with your periods is something that needs further investigation on as maybe you having irregular periods that may be causing it but without you speaking to your GP about this then obviously you won't know for sure what is causing it.

You need to tell your GP everything that has been going on with you so that they can decide what to do next for you.

I won't comments on your boyfriend and whether or not he's perhaps done stuff with other people without you knowing about it as it's nobody else business except your own. Because how else are you getting STI's .

Keep me posted on things okay 🙂😸

Quick Reply

Latest