This makes me ashamed to be afghan....

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I just heard about something called bacha bazi (which stands for dancing boys) which is heavily practiced in Afghanistan. It involves child sexual abuse by older men of young boys aged around 10-15 usually, called dancing boys, often involving sexual slavery and child prostitution. These young boys dance for these middle aged/old men and entertain them then afterwards do sexual things with them. The young boys are scouted on the streets of afghanistan and they must be very attracted and underaged, they are often poor and take part in this disgusting thing ad they get paid so they can provide for their families. I watched a documentary on it and honestly it is beyond disgusting. In the video a old man said once they turn 18 they are 'undesirable'. Alot of them in the video said that they sex with these boys.

For a country that is so heavily against homesexuality, where you can get stoned to death for being gay, it is beyond me how these pigs are fine with this and how they call themselves muslim and don't think they are committing any sins and think they they are normal. They are all pedophiles and this is seriously making me ashamed to be afghan.
Meduse
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
While I can completely understand why you are distressed by this, I want to reassure you that you should not be the one feeling shame. Unfortunately, the world can be a very dark place and certain individuals of all nationalities are to blame for this, but not all.

There are many good Afghan people too. Perhaps you should find some more positive news sources, because they certainly exist. The good deeds tend to get reported on much less, though, sadly.

Find a reason to be proud of being Afghan. It doesn't have to be political, you can ignore the government and the dated attitudes, but there is something good in every country, so long as good people live within them.

I know that you are feeling shame and disgust, but perhaps you could turn these emotions into a positive by channelling it into action. If you'd like, you could volunteer and actively help people in hardship, for example.
.N.A.
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Don't be ashamed of being Afghan! I am sure there is so much to be proud about.

Don't let this minority of filthy men define your identity. Besides, there are a minority of horrible people who are from all sorts of backgrounds... we'd all have a reason to be ashamed if we took them as the definition of our identity.
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn't be surprised. Some kids out there in Afghanistan look like they are seventy even before they are seven. I am so sorry you have been made to feel like that but I also know there are some very kind and honest Afghan men too. Sexual abuse is not an isolated issue though. Nor is being gay, it is universal and cuts across all religions. We have our own problems here with sexual abuse and public Govt paid bodies are still afraid to openly discuss the underlying causes twenty years on for fear of being branded racist. Where there is a desire and a market money changes hands. Nothing like hypocritical people.
sufys
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I just heard about something called bacha bazi (which stands for dancing boys) which is heavily practiced in Afghanistan. It involves child sexual abuse by older men of young boys aged around 10-15 usually, called dancing boys, often involving sexual slavery and child prostitution. These young boys dance for these middle aged/old men and entertain them then afterwards do sexual things with them. The young boys are scouted on the streets of afghanistan and they must be very attracted and underaged, they are often poor and take part in this disgusting thing ad they get paid so they can provide for their families. I watched a documentary on it and honestly it is beyond disgusting. In the video a old man said once they turn 18 they are 'undesirable'. Alot of them in the video said that they sex with these boys.

For a country that is so heavily against homesexuality, where you can get stoned to death for being gay, it is beyond me how these pigs are fine with this and how they call themselves muslim and don't think they are committing any sins and think they they are normal. They are all pedophiles and this is seriously making me ashamed to be afghan.
Nothing to be ashamed of. You have no control over your nationality.
In any case, there are definitely a lot of positives of some aspects of Afghan culture.
Perhaps look at those rather than the child sexual abuse.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.19%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.22%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.69%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.91%

Watched Threads