IRP French A-level

Watch this thread
flissdunn
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone have any advice for starting to research for an IRP? Also, what sort of topic should I do.
Any advice appreciated
nyahjinzo
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I'm in this situation too. For me I'm thinking of a topic I'm passionate about (music) and from there I'm going to try and make something from that e.g "How does Stromae influence Belgium with his music?". I'm doing WJEC board so it might he different but choosing somethinf you wont hate researching is a good idea. Lots of topics people in my class are doing have lots of videos on Youtube, and me and my classmates like to watch clips with subtitles on, to gather information while also listening to French. This is waffle but does any of it help?
hyacinth77
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hello, I've just completed my A Levels one of them being Spanish. I did the AQA exam so it might not be entirely relevant but I hope it's still helpful.

In terms of the IRP I'd definitely recommend choosing something that you're interested in (but please make sure that it's not directly related to the book/film you study for the writing paper!) I learnt this the hard way because I originally chose to do feminism during the Franco dictatorship for my IRP. It all sounded well and jolly until I realised that there's barely any decent resources (apart from a single page on Wikipedia) about it. It was hard to find out what it was actually like, accounts from people who lived in that time etc. So I very quickly switched to doing my IRP on the Islamic Golden Age in Spain and I found that much more enjoyable.

To start you could could look at this teaching guide made by AQA on how to complete the IRP: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resourc...VEL-TG-IRP.PDF

Wishing you all the best!
hyacinth
Last edited by hyacinth77; 1 month ago
penguingirl18
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What culturally relevant topics interest you? It could be history, sport, food, a current event, a hobby/interest as related to France, etc.

Also, listening to the exemplar recordings is helpful to see what kind of detail and structure is expected.

(I just did Edexcel German if you have any specific questions.)
Last edited by penguingirl18; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (8)
33.33%
Take a gap year (5)
20.83%
Resit my exams (6)
25%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (3)
12.5%
I don't know yet (1)
4.17%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.17%

Watched Threads