Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I think I may have developed a stress fracture on my toe. I just want an X-Ray - do I have to go to A&E for this? Or is there anywhere else I can go?

ReputationRep:
    Toes break all the time. There's nothing they can do for it anyway. If it's your big toe it may be worth getting checked, else don't waste time by going to A&E. However A&E is the only option for x-ray generally.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    ive broken a toe, and did nothing about it. all they will do is sy "yep, its broken, go home"

they cant/ wont do anything more about it though

ReputationRep:
    Hmm you can go see your gp to be refered for an x-ray, or if its causing immediate discomfort go A&E, but be prepared for the wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    Hmm you can go see your gp to be refered for an x-ray, or if its causing immediate discomfort go A&E, but be prepared for the wait!
    wouldnt the gp just refer you to A&E? *nevermind, i just read it properly

just go to a walk in centre OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Venom)
    Hey
    I think I may have developed a stress fracture on my toe. I just want an X-Ray - do I have to go to A&E for this? Or is there anywhere else I can go?
    What's a stress fracture?

Yeh I think you will have a massive wait just to be told what you already thought. Is there a reason you want an x-ray on it? I mean like, if you fid out it is a fracture are you going to do something about what you think caused? If not I personally would just stay at home (especially in this weather!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    What's a stress fracture?
    Like a hairline fracture.

Yeh I think you will have a massive wait just to be told what you already thought. Is there a reason you want an x-ray on it? I mean like, if you fid out it is a fracture are you going to do something about what you think caused? If not I personally would just stay at home (especially in this weather!)
    Hmm I think it's a hairline fracture but I need to know really because I have to run on weds.... I'd rather not if it was fractured... I have no idea how I've done it either. It just started hurting during my run on Sat

ReputationRep:
    Just splint it yourself, that's all the hospital will do

ReputationRep:
    I broke my toe the other day (or fractured it or whatever), and apparently there's nothing a doctor can do about it.

ReputationRep:
    It could cause a fat emboli to nearly kill you like on House.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.