help plz!sixth form

Watch this thread
yasiin33
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I left the UK at year 9 and started school in Africa and I had to do year 10 twice and I'm starting year 11 in august. our exam board is IGCSE EDEXCEL. We do our exam at a exam center at another city around may/june.as soon as I finish I want to come back and apply for 6th forms. The thing is I don't know if 6th forms accept the Edexcel IGCSE. Anyways, when I come back how do I apply for an 6th form because its way past the deadline and there asking for grades that I haven't received yet. So do I apply while im in school in africa before the deadline or apply in UK when i arrive. Either way i wont know what grades i got so how will i fill in the reference form. And there was another thing asking for UPN,UCI Numbers so where do i get them from.plz respond as soon as possible!
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yasiin33)
I left the UK at year 9 and started school in Africa and I had to do year 10 twice and I'm starting year 11 in august. our exam board is IGCSE EDEXCEL. We do our exam at a exam center at another city around may/june.as soon as I finish I want to come back and apply for 6th forms. The thing is I don't know if 6th forms accept the Edexcel IGCSE. Anyways, when I come back how do I apply for an 6th form because its way past the deadline and there asking for grades that I haven't received yet. So do I apply while im in school in africa before the deadline or apply in UK when i arrive. Either way i wont know what grades i got so how will i fill in the reference form. And there was another thing asking for UPN,UCI Numbers so where do i get them from.plz respond as soon as possible!
iGCSEs will be fine.

You'll need to apply in Year 11 but you'll need to know where you'll be living. Keep an eye on the schools websites for details of how to apply. Most schools will have deadlines Nov, Dec, Jan or Feb. Don't want until you've done your exams.
Cloudster
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Igcse is basically gcse, it is accepted for college and for unis. You have to apply in year 11 before December however most schools will have different deadlines some will be in March and some will be in December
yasiin33
Rep:
(Original post by Muttley79)
iGCSEs will be fine.

You'll need to apply in Year 11 but you'll need to know where you'll be living. Keep an eye on the schools websites for details of how to apply. Most schools will have deadlines Nov, Dec, Jan or Feb. Don't want until you've done your exams.
Thanks

but for the grades, i haven't done the final exam and they are asking for results before results day, so should I write my predicted grades.And also if there will be an interview, im not leaving till June 2023 so will my interview be in the holidays or what.
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thanks

but for the grades, i haven't done the final exam and they are asking for results before results day, so should I write my predicted grades.And also if there will be an interview, im not leaving till June 2023 so will my interview be in the holidays or what.
They usually write to your school for a reference which would include predicted grades. I've no idea when interviews would be - you'll have to ask - if it's a state school the interview can't be part of the selection process. Your offer will only be confirmed once your grades are published in August 2023.

You'll need to check the over-subscription process - have you got an address in the UK already?
yasiin33
Rep:
They usually write to your school for a reference which would include predicted grades. I've no idea when interviews would be - you'll have to ask - if it's a state school the interview can't be part of the selection process. Your offer will only be confirmed once your grades are published in August 2023.

You'll need to check the over-subscription process - have you got an address in the UK already?
is my parents house alright?
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
is my parents house alright?
If it's in the UK and where you will be living, then yes. You need to know now which schools you will be near enough to get to on a daily basis.
yasiin33
Rep:
If it's in the UK and where you will be living, then yes. You need to know now which schools you will be near enough to get to on a daily basis.
yep! they're still living there. thanks man you've really helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (30)
17.86%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (44)
26.19%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
50.6%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.36%

Watched Threads