Audiologist to adult nurse

Watch this thread
Misszeus
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I want to go to university for adult nursing however I have found an apprenticeship for an audiologist.

If i do the apprenticeship is there anyway I can then being a fully qualified nurse without doing 3 years in university. E.g because I'll again a degree from the apprenticeship can I go straight into a masters for nursing?
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Provided you meet the other criteria for a pre-reg masters in nursing such as clinical experience, then you should be able to apply for one.

Why train as an audiologist of you want to be a nurse though?
Misszeus
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by moonkatt)
Provided you meet the other criteria for a pre-reg masters in nursing such as clinical experience, then you should be able to apply for one.

Why train as an audiologist of you want to be a nurse though?
I'm trying to minimise my student debt. Audiology has been something I have looked into in the past but I preferred nursing as it gave me more routes for carers
ellielo
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I am a frequent guest in our local audiology clinic. People definitely need more good audiologist as so many of them ignore hearing protection aids.
Mintkoala
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Misszeus)
I'm trying to minimise my student debt. Audiology has been something I have looked into in the past but I preferred nursing as it gave me more routes for carers
Nursing Master’s degrees are 2 years, not one year. This is a requirement of the nursing registration board, because students are required to complete a certain number of placement and theoretical hours before being allowed to register as a nurse.

Trying to minimise your student debt is pointless. You only pay a tiny amount on earnings above £27,000, like £40 a month if that. Inevitably it will be written off later in your life.
Last edited by Mintkoala; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads