Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How many slices of bread, a day, would you say is too much? Are there any consequences from eating too much bread i.e. massive weight gain?

I sometimes have around 6 slices a day.

ReputationRep:
    Freeze them then you can chow down on yeasty-lollies without having to apply butter or spread.

You should eat brown bread rather than white.

Six slices a day is not too much bread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW8_SW1_EC3)
    How many slices of bread, a day, would you say is too much? Are there any consequences from eating too much bread i.e. massive weight gain?

I sometimes have around 6 slices a day.
    Hmm..

YOU GOWNA DIE!

ReputationRep:
    i like bread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dr_edge)
    i like bread
    bread likes you for saying so.

ReputationRep:
    6 slices isn't much. That would be 3 sandwiches a day. Unless they are really really thick slices...eg a whole loaf of bread divided in 6...

ReputationRep:
    nah 6 is fine...

brown is better than white

ReputationRep:
    are you stealing break form hall as well ? and yes eating too much bread will make you repulsive in fact you'll be limited to newnham girls.

ReputationRep:
    Mmmmm bread, hot and crunchy fresh from the oven! lol! dw OP me too. Besides in mediterranean countries like France and Spain they eat loads of bread with every meal.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by bobx2001)
    are you stealing break form hall as well ? and yes eating too much bread will make you repulsive in fact you'll be limited to newnham girls.
    What's wrong with Newnham girls? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rottcodd)
    Freeze them then you can chow down on yeasty-lollies without having to apply butter or spread.

You should eat brown bread rather than white.

Six slices a day is not too much bread.
    I eat brown now and again, like white though :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Bread is fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW8_SW1_EC3)
    I eat brown now and again, like white though :yep:
    Too much white bread gives you yeast-disease, similar to thrush but it groweth in the belly, and I would not even wish that upon my worst enemy. Welcome fibre into your digestive system with an open mouth.

ReputationRep:
    Ultimately it depends on the thickness of the bread. Are your 6 slices from a thin, medium or thick cut loaf of bread? Which brand of bread? Or is it from an uncut loaf cut yourself? Ideally we would need to know the exact dimensions of each slice to determine how long you have left to live.

ReputationRep:
    no such thing as too much bread.

ReputationRep:
    6? Bugger me. I normally have one slice of bread (brown) a day - 2 or sometimes 3 if I'm having a sandwich for my tea or something. The only time I have more is if we've got some French bread in, because I can just eat loads of that without realising :p:

6 slices though, that = nearly a third of your daily calorie intake. On bread.

ReputationRep:
    Six slices some days isn't too much, eating like, half a loaf every day might be a bit much, but you could be eating worse things. You'd probably just end up pretty bloated >< Brown/wholemeal/homemade bread is probably less likely to do you harm than eating loads of cheap white bread but I'd have thought you'd be sick of it before you managed to eat enough to harm you.

ReputationRep:
    i survive on toast and marmite. although, today i mixed it up and had two bacon sandwiches.

ReputationRep:
    If bread didnt exsist I'd weigh 6 stone. lol I eat far too much bread its shocking. Its such a treat too!

ReputationRep:
    Bread in itself isn't that unhealthy, it's just unfashionable because of its high carbohydrate content - which again, in itself isn't that bad, if you're eating wholemeal and oaty breads that give you 'slow release' energy. It's generally what you put on the bread that makes it 'unhealthy'. If you're getting through a block of butter on your six slices then you've got a bit of a problem, but if you're eating it with low-sugar jams/marmalades or as a sandwich with lots of veggies then you're fine.

Loaves and loaves a day wouldn't be good for you, and if you just ate white bread then you'd probably get really constipated ... What you do need to watch though is the salt content, it's better to buy better quality bread with less salt if you're planning to eat a 'lot', as cheap bread can have a really high salt content.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.