What if I failed?

Watch this thread
kennykujo
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
In Year 12 I was initially predicted a C in Chemistry, but my teacher changed it to a B after I appealed it so that I could apply to Southampton, which I needed ABB for.

In my Year 13 February mocks I got a D overall, with an E in Paper 1 and a C in Paper 2 (we didn't do a Paper 3 mock).

I was in hospital for a day one week before my February mocks because of a mental breakdown, and we hadn't finished the course by then. I also left 25% of each paper blank because I ran out of time. I got 22/100 on Paper 1 and 43/100 on Paper 2.

In my A Level exams I finished all of the questions, only leaving out some tiny details in a couple of the long answer questions as I found them time consuming. I also am doing slightly better mentally, even though I was obviously quite stressed out from the exams.

I found Paper 1 to be mediocre, Paper 2 fairly easy, and Paper 3 horrible. I've always massively preferred organic chemistry over inorganic. I'm terrible at the maths questions but I think I got most of the Paper 3 ones correct. I also had to guess half of the multiple choice questions as I left them to the end and ran out of time.

Since I have never gotten above a D in my mocks overall, I'm really worried that I have failed. I put so much time and effort into Chemistry, even staying after school until 5pm once a week to do practice questions. But I still have this feeling that I'm just not good at Chemistry.

Do you guys think I got a C? C is what I need to get into Southampton.
kennykujo
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Btw Southampton requires ABB for by course but I was given an offer for BBC
kennykujo
Rep:
I've been revising for Chemistry since January
COMP23
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kennykujo)
btw southampton requires abb for by course but i was given an offer for bbc
my freind has a bbc aswell
kennykujo
Rep:
ok
(Original post by COMP23)
my freind has a bbc aswell
daydream77
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
In Year 12 I was initially predicted a C in Chemistry, but my teacher changed it to a B after I appealed it so that I could apply to Southampton, which I needed ABB for.

In my Year 13 February mocks I got a D overall, with an E in Paper 1 and a C in Paper 2 (we didn't do a Paper 3 mock).

I was in hospital for a day one week before my February mocks because of a mental breakdown, and we hadn't finished the course by then. I also left 25% of each paper blank because I ran out of time. I got 22/100 on Paper 1 and 43/100 on Paper 2.

In my A Level exams I finished all of the questions, only leaving out some tiny details in a couple of the long answer questions as I found them time consuming. I also am doing slightly better mentally, even though I was obviously quite stressed out from the exams.

I found Paper 1 to be mediocre, Paper 2 fairly easy, and Paper 3 horrible. I've always massively preferred organic chemistry over inorganic. I'm terrible at the maths questions but I think I got most of the Paper 3 ones correct. I also had to guess half of the multiple choice questions as I left them to the end and ran out of time.

Since I have never gotten above a D in my mocks overall, I'm really worried that I have failed. I put so much time and effort into Chemistry, even staying after school until 5pm once a week to do practice questions. But I still have this feeling that I'm just not good at Chemistry.

not getting the grades isn't the end - some universities can be lenient and let you in regardless of your grades (even if you do have a conditional offer). as for grade boundaries, people are assuming that they will be the same as 2019 - try using that as your guideline

and hey! you can always retake it later - missing out this one time is not the end

good luck
Lemondrop777
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

Yes you can do it, well done for carrying on despite hospital admissions, very impressive
kennykujo
Rep:
(Original post by daydream77)
not getting the grades isn't the end - some universities can be lenient and let you in regardless of your grades (even if you do have a conditional offer). as for grade boundaries, people are assuming that they will be the same as 2019 - try using that as your guideline

and hey! you can always retake it later - missing out this one time is not the end

good luck
im predicted abb, I need bbc, and I honestly think I got a*a*d-
kennykujo
Rep:
ty, the only real motivation I had for these a levels was doing better than the ppl who hurt me
(Original post by Lemondrop777)
Yes you can do it, well done for carrying on despite hospital admissions, very impressive
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69.7%
In the post (3)
3.03%
Text (13)
13.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14.14%

Watched Threads