The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:bebored:
Original post by Foxehh
Also just that anyone is arguing about whether abortion is moral or not in general. That's not relevant to the topic one bit, the court's job was to decide whether it was in alignment with the Constitution ( and in reality, how they could manipulate the document to fit their agenda ), not the morality :rolleyes:

110% x 100 💯👍 PRSOM
sorry not sure if that made sense but that's what i was thinking
the judgment is a joke. read the first 10 pages and wanted to throw up
the judgment even talks about 'the morality' of abortion like as if that is legal reasoning. give me a break you child :colonhash:
I have a sixth form taster day today and I actually feel sick
Original post by Foxehh
Cringe on both sides though. None of them know anything about the American judiciary system and it shows, dear goodness. I mean the fact that @64Lightbulbs had to remind someone that there are 9 justices on the Supreme court and everyone is asking the most basic questions about the Constitution... :rofl:

Yes, nobody really knows. As expected, since we're all Brits and probably don't give a **** about the US judiciary system. Everyone would prefer to debate the morality of abortion itself because that's where we are all more comfortable.
(edited 1 year ago)
:goodluck:
I just read niche wikipedia pages about thermionic valve computers and electromechanical encryption machines so they don't really attract trolls. :lol:
There isn't loads of information in some areas though.
I seem to remember that there was a whole fiasco with Scots wikipedia where an American teenager wrote loads of pages (some 20,000 I think) by poorly translating the English articles.

I've read conflicting accounts as to whether he used a bad translator or just garbled the English though.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Rufus The Red
I seem to remember that there was a whole fiasco with Scots wikipedia where an American teenager wrote loads of pages (some 20,000 I think) by poorly translating the English articles.

I've read conflicting accounts as to whether he used a bad translator or just garbled the English though.

they pretty much wrote english in a funny accent
now scots wikipedia basically has to be rewritten from scratch which is unsurprisingly taking a while
Original post by vapordave
they pretty much wrote english in a funny accent
now scots wikipedia basically has to be rewritten from scratch which is unsurprisingly taking a while

I'm tempted to say it was (only) a third of the articles which originated from this one person.

It's quite a shame given how interesting Scots is as a language.
(edited 1 year ago)
check Sam Smith wiki page is all i'm saying
normal. what's rewards page?

Spoiler

Thermionic valve or vacuum tube?
Decatron.
Thyratron.

Latest