The Student Room Group

Pacing uncontrollably

Hi
I pace back and forth in my room for hours on end mostly on my tip toes. Its like I got all this pent up agitation and energy that I end up feeling trapped in my body.

I don’t even realise I’m doing it most of the time. I also spend a lot of time fixing the curtains and I close the door out of the belief that people are spying on me/someone might see me pacing.

Sometimes I’m completely absorbed in a different fictional world, idk how to give a further explanation, it’s a bit embarrassing

I sometimes end up waking in the middle of the night and pace for hours. It gets in the way of homework and school. I’ve been doing this for a long time (years) never saw it as a problem. Should I mention it to my therapist?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Of course you should tell your therapist! They can't help you if they don't know about an issue.
Moved to mental health section.
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
Of course you should tell your therapist! They can't help you if they don't know about an issue.

cheers went and told my T and was told that I was showing early signs of psychosis. Although I still have time to cut my bad habits and negative thinking. It’s really hard tho, I’m beginning to realise how much I hate myself and life :s-smilie:
(edited 1 year ago)
this needs to be brought up with your actual therapist, TSR won't be able to help you as much as they will

make sure you remember what triggers this to happen or how often it does happen so you can give a detailed explanation to ur therapist,

is there anything you think would help this?

Quick Reply

Latest