The Student Room Group

I miss late night chats with my (online) friend

Just this tbh. It sounds pathetic and I’m cringing at myself for even typing this up, but I have a really close online friend, who I used to chat to everyday and often, these would extend to late late night, but recently because I’ve been so busy, I haven’t messaged much. So I reached out again after about 6 weeks or so, I’m not sure and whilst everything is normal, he isn’t really messaging me back for days which is fine tbh. Everyone has their own time frames and can be busy, but it made me realise how much I miss having someone to talk to online.

Don’t get me wrong, I have a solid friendship group and I love them dearly and I can message any one of them in the night etc, but it felt a little different with this friend. I guess because I don’t see his in real life? Hahaha don’t take anything for granted, I guess

Scroll to see replies

Cringing rn xx, I can’t believe I typed this up. I’m just lonely loool
Original post by Anonymous
Cringing rn xx, I can’t believe I typed this up. I’m just lonely loool

Omg I could have typed this!!! I’m going through the same thing with my online friend too!! Lol hes being a bit distant for some reason but I miss him!
Omg I could have typed this!!! I’m going through the same thing with my online friend too!! Lol hes being a bit distant for some reason but I miss him!

Aww I’m sorry to hear it! I hope everything turns out well. It’s so saddening isn’t it :frown: especially when you look at older messages
Aww I’m sorry to hear it! I hope everything turns out well. It’s so saddening isn’t it :frown: especially when you look at older messages

It’s fine lol, that’s just him tbh.
I’ve literally been rereading our old messages all day! It is sad indeed
Mind you we’ve been online friends for over 3 years, so I’ve formed some sort of attachment. I guess school distracted me when we weren’t messaging as much, but now I feel kinda empty
It’s fine lol, that’s just him tbh.
I’ve literally been rereading our old messages all day! It is sad indeed

For me it was veeerry sudden. Usually he’d initiate conversation and always message as soon as I reply and now it’s the other way round. How the tables have turned :/
Mind you we’ve been online friends for over 3 years, so I’ve formed some sort of attachment. I guess school distracted me when we weren’t messaging as much, but now I feel kinda empty

3 years, you’re bound to feel lonely without them!
We’ve been friends for a year, we met because we spoke about our exes to eachother, and sometimes he goes back to her and forgets his friends I.e me:frown:
For me it was veeerry sudden. Usually he’d initiate conversation and always message as soon as I reply and now it’s the other way round. How the tables have turned :/

Maybe he’s gotten busy, so maybe it’s just a temporary thing?
3 years, you’re bound to feel lonely without them!
We’ve been friends for a year, we met because we spoke about our exes to eachother, and sometimes he goes back to her and forgets his friends I.e me:frown:

Whaaat :frown:( that sounds horrible, I’m so sorry. And yeah, I feel like SUCH a fool by constantly checking if I’ve received a message from him. I’m just going to try and forget about it, I did for a month already anyway
Maybe he’s gotten busy, so maybe it’s just a temporary thing?

That’s true. Something I considered! But I feel like such a creep as I’m saying this lol, but he’s constantly online, which makes me feel like he’s actively ignoring me.
Whaaat :frown:( that sounds horrible, I’m so sorry. And yeah, I feel like SUCH a fool by constantly checking if I’ve received a message from him. I’m just going to try and forget about it, I did for a month already anyway

I’ve got my final exam tomorrow and was thinking of checking up on him afterwards. He’s one of the very few people I genuinely open up to so I’d be sad to let him go.
Maybe try and make things work with your friend, if you have more time now? Just don’t go out of the way, and upset yourself- easily done
That’s true. Something I considered! But I feel like such a creep as I’m saying this lol, but he’s constantly online, which makes me feel like he’s actively ignoring me.

Same with my friend!!! lol I’ll admit I’m a Joe Goldberg(stalker) I actually made a thread an hour ago, contemplating the same scenario. Someone advised that I should just simply check up on him and see how he responds, and take it from there.
Funny thing is, I’d usually be asking his advice and now I’m asking for advice about him :/
I’ve got my final exam tomorrow and was thinking of checking up on him afterwards. He’s one of the very few people I genuinely open up to so I’d be sad to let him go.
Maybe try and make things work with your friend, if you have more time now? Just don’t go out of the way, and upset yourself- easily done

Good luck on your final exam!! I’m sure you’ll do amazing and I hope things turn out well
I could try working things out, but how? When I don’t know what the issue is (or even if there is one) and when our conversations last for 5 mins where I get left on read for days at a time :/ it’s really odd but I assume he may have a lot going on?? Despite being online frequently lol
Sorry if I don’t reply, I’m gonna try to revise and hopefully sleep- I’ll reply later today and we can get our friends back lol
Sorry if I don’t reply, I’m gonna try to revise and hopefully sleep- I’ll reply later today and we can get our friends back lol

Don’t be sorry!! Good luck, my love ♥️
Same with my friend!!! lol I’ll admit I’m a Joe Goldberg(stalker) I actually made a thread an hour ago, contemplating the same scenario. Someone advised that I should just simply check up on him and see how he responds, and take it from there.
Funny thing is, I’d usually be asking his advice and now I’m asking for advice about him :/

Ooo so many of us in the same situation!! Omd same here lool. I hate to admit it, but I do frequently check when he’s online just to check if he’s ignoring me and yep. He’s online frequently throughout the day ahahah
Pls why am I still thinking about this when I should sleep 😭
Good luck on your final exam!! I’m sure you’ll do amazing and I hope things turn out well
I could try working things out, but how? When I don’t know what the issue is (or even if there is one) and when our conversations last for 5 mins where I get left on read for days at a time :/ it’s really odd but I assume he may have a lot going on?? Despite being online frequently lol

Thank you!!! I just finished it😅
There might not be an issue at all, just be casual and ask what he’s up to these days👀 that way you can see if he’s actually avoiding or just generally busy
Ooo so many of us in the same situation!! Omd same here lool. I hate to admit it, but I do frequently check when he’s online just to check if he’s ignoring me and yep. He’s online frequently throughout the day ahahah

It’s completely fine to admit that🙃I wonder if they do the same thing lol

Quick Reply

Latest