Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    how do you increase the size of the forearm muscles? what excercises will do this? is there any equipment necessary? are there any fast ways of doing this?

ReputationRep:
    no there arent any fast ways. if your wanting to start weight training then just use the search function. wanting to increase the size of one muscle is pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    i have been training for a while, i just don't have anything for forearm muscles.

ReputationRep:
    spank the monkey

ReputationRep:
    exrx.net

search

use the big sticky

it's not hard....

ReputationRep:
    Farmers Walk, Deadlifts, Towel Pullups/Chinups/Rows, Thick bar work, Gripper Work, Plate Pinching, Double and single hand bar hangs...

ReputationRep:
    deadlifts

ReputationRep:
    Masturbation... in all seriousness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
    Farmers Walk, Deadlifts, Towel Pullups/Chinups/Rows, Thick bar work, Gripper Work, Plate Pinching, Double and single hand bar hangs...
    i do deadlifts with small hand towel on top cause its easier than using chalk. do you think that improves grip if i were to do without?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Punk Phloyd)
    in all seriousness....... i dont know what im talking about.
    so true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    i do deadlifts with small hand towel on top cause its easier than using chalk. do you think that improves grip if i were to do without?
    It will to a degree, what would be better is to get a large towel and wrap it around the bar a couple of time and/or wrap the bar in pipe insulation (very hardcore and very challenging).

ReputationRep:
    so true.
    I see what you did there.

ReputationRep:

Chalk doesn't train grip it assists it. Fat bar deads will have a greater grip element, chalked deads just mean you won't sweat so much on the bar and you get more friction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    Chalk doesn't train grip it assists it. Fat bar deads will have a greater grip element, chalked deads just mean you won't sweat so much on the bar and you get more friction.
    yes i know. thats why i use a towel cause its easier in that i just wrap it around instead of messing about with chalk.

people are being very patronising with me lately for some reason :p:

ReputationRep:
    Preacher curls are the best for the forearm muscles.

ReputationRep:
    Powerballs work very well for the forearm muscles and wrist strength, but obviously do no other muscles

ReputationRep:
    I found deadlifts to be the best.

Your forearms will naturally grow a lot as you get older.. well I see a lot of unfit adults with pretty big forearms that isn't just fat

ReputationRep:
    Hammer Curls?

ReputationRep:
    Do not use any gloves or straps whilst doing weight. It'll improve your forearm strength dramatically.

ReputationRep:
    its pretty mcuh covered, do not use straps or gloves where possible (gloves never lest you be stuck down with a hammer of smote).
    Deadlift to a dead stop, the shock through your forarms is horrible and a real grip tester.
    Masturbate vigorously every day, without the use of lube! You may use a suitable picture to make sure things are well - suggest you check out LV bum shot.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.