Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how do you increase the size of the forearm muscles? what excercises will do this? is there any equipment necessary? are there any fast ways of doing this?

ReputationRep:
    no there arent any fast ways. if your wanting to start weight training then just use the search function. wanting to increase the size of one muscle is pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    i have been training for a while, i just don't have anything for forearm muscles.

ReputationRep:
    spank the monkey

ReputationRep:
    exrx.net

search

use the big sticky

it's not hard....

ReputationRep:
    Farmers Walk, Deadlifts, Towel Pullups/Chinups/Rows, Thick bar work, Gripper Work, Plate Pinching, Double and single hand bar hangs...

ReputationRep:
    deadlifts

ReputationRep:
    Masturbation... in all seriousness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
    Farmers Walk, Deadlifts, Towel Pullups/Chinups/Rows, Thick bar work, Gripper Work, Plate Pinching, Double and single hand bar hangs...
    i do deadlifts with small hand towel on top cause its easier than using chalk. do you think that improves grip if i were to do without?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Punk Phloyd)
    in all seriousness....... i dont know what im talking about.
    so true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    i do deadlifts with small hand towel on top cause its easier than using chalk. do you think that improves grip if i were to do without?
    It will to a degree, what would be better is to get a large towel and wrap it around the bar a couple of time and/or wrap the bar in pipe insulation (very hardcore and very challenging).

ReputationRep:
    so true.
    I see what you did there.

ReputationRep:

Chalk doesn't train grip it assists it. Fat bar deads will have a greater grip element, chalked deads just mean you won't sweat so much on the bar and you get more friction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    Chalk doesn't train grip it assists it. Fat bar deads will have a greater grip element, chalked deads just mean you won't sweat so much on the bar and you get more friction.
    yes i know. thats why i use a towel cause its easier in that i just wrap it around instead of messing about with chalk.

people are being very patronising with me lately for some reason :p:

ReputationRep:
    Preacher curls are the best for the forearm muscles.

ReputationRep:
    Powerballs work very well for the forearm muscles and wrist strength, but obviously do no other muscles

ReputationRep:
    I found deadlifts to be the best.

Your forearms will naturally grow a lot as you get older.. well I see a lot of unfit adults with pretty big forearms that isn't just fat

ReputationRep:
    Hammer Curls?

ReputationRep:
    Do not use any gloves or straps whilst doing weight. It'll improve your forearm strength dramatically.

ReputationRep:
    its pretty mcuh covered, do not use straps or gloves where possible (gloves never lest you be stuck down with a hammer of smote).
    Deadlift to a dead stop, the shock through your forarms is horrible and a real grip tester.
    Masturbate vigorously every day, without the use of lube! You may use a suitable picture to make sure things are well - suggest you check out LV bum shot.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.