Turn on thread page Beta

forearm - size? watch

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned reverse curls. Those are the main forearm building exercises.
    More detailed info as well as other forearm exercises available here:
    http://exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ForeArmWt.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teriaki)
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned reverse curls. Those are the main forearm building exercises.
    More detailed info as well as other forearm exercises available here:
    http://exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ForeArmWt.html
    ...because heavy deadlifts, farmers walks, and other compound movements, are far more effective at strengthening and developing the forearm muscles than simple isolation exercises which don't target all of the muscles involved.

His time would be far far far better spent concentrating on deadlifting, or other compound movements, not spending hours doing curls.

Compound exercises > Isolation exercises - for any specific body part and/or the rest of your body.

ReputationRep:
    B to the O to the L to the LOCKS

ReputationRep:
    Yes I know that compound exercises are always preferred but if you were to target your forearms, then reverse curls are probably the main exercises for doing that. Or am I wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I know that compound exercises are always preferred but if you were to target your forearms, then reverse curls are probably the main exercises for doing that. Or am I wrong?
    Well the 'main' isolation exercise would be wrist curls, but that doesn't mean it is the best exercise by any means.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
    Well the 'main' isolation exercise would be wrist curls, but that doesn't mean it is the best exercise by any means.
    Well that all depends on which part of the forearms you are exercising. Reverse curls would be for the brachioradialis muscl, wrist curls for the wrist flexors and reverse wrist curls for the wrist extensors.

ReputationRep:
    Well that all depends on which part of the forearms you are exercising. Reverse curls would be for the brachioradialis muscl, wrist curls for the wrist flexors and reverse wrist curls for the wrist extensors.
    I'm aware that different versions of wrist curls work different muscles, personally I didn't feel it necessary to list off all of the separate muscle and exercises for them when we've already come to the conclusion that there are other, far more effective exercises.

ReputationRep:
    Well whatever works for you I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Gripping and rowing for them all, so just train back heavy without straps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    its pretty mcuh covered, do not use straps or gloves where possible (gloves never lest you be stuck down with a hammer of smote).
    Deadlift to a dead stop, the shock through your forarms is horrible and a real grip tester.
    Masturbate vigorously every day, without the use of lube! You may use a suitable picture to make sure things are well - suggest you check out LV bum shot.
    You just know powerlifter has done this.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.