The Student Room Group

Year 12s - have you made your decisions about university?

Poll

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

If you're in year 12 right now and you're hoping to start university in 2023, how are you doing with making your decision?

Have you started thinking about where you'd like to go? What you'd like to study?

A few weeks ago students on TSR suggested choosing a course first is a good place to start. We've also got a guide here to help you if you're just starting to think about uni. What sort of stuff are you pondering?
Original post by BlinkyBill
If you're in year 12 right now and you're hoping to start university in 2023, how are you doing with making your decision?

Have you started thinking about where you'd like to go? What you'd like to study?

A few weeks ago students on TSR suggested choosing a course first is a good place to start. We've also got a guide here to help you if you're just starting to think about uni. What sort of stuff are you pondering?

The course i want to do is a psychology course but not sure if that the right move because i don't know what i want to do in the future leaning towards counselling but not sure. i am planning to go to uni in London.
Original post by sophie hart
The course i want to do is a psychology course but not sure if that the right move because i don't know what i want to do in the future leaning towards counselling but not sure. i am planning to go to uni in London.

Psychology sounds super interesting. What sorts of things are you hoping to figure out before you decide if you want to study it? Also just out of interest, what's got you considering studying in London?
good luck to all the year 12's going into year 13! i promise you its not that bad... :colondollar:
Original post by BlinkyBill
Psychology sounds super interesting. What sorts of things are you hoping to figure out before you decide if you want to study it? Also just out of interest, what's got you considering studying in London?

What jobs i can do with that psychology degree as i want to keep my choice open and i am planning to go to uni in London because i live in London.
Original post by sophie hart
What jobs i can do with that psychology degree as i want to keep my choice open and i am planning to go to uni in London because i live in London.

Hahaha fair enough on the London question!
I always think psychology is one of those interesting ones where you could either comes out with a really definitive path or use those skills in lots of different ways. If it's useful, there's some conversations in the civil service, public sector and public services forum about roles like social work, etc. And the medical and healthcare forum where more psychology-specific job discussions might come up or you could ask questions. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest