Jobs and A levels

Watch this thread
Thanoswashere
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Think I got a C,C,C in a levels. I honestly don’t feel confident anymore after the exams I sat and don’t think I’m going to get into the uni I want. When applying for a good job will it matter what grade I got at a levels or uni I go to? Or will the degree and other experience I do later be considered more?
anton31
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I can understand how you feel. Take a few days to think through what happened. What went well and where you could have done better. Don’t take Any rushed decisions. Depending on what you want to study, if the Uni you want to go to doesn’t offer you a place, you might be able to get in another equally good and maybe even that suits your needs better. Just do me a favour: take time to think, talk to family and whoever wants to help. Don’t let this defeat you, but learn from it. All the best.
sickofthis
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You will not know exactly what the situation is until results day. Don’t forget that this year, marking will be different to other years. The grade boundaries will be an inbetween of 2019 and 2021, meaning that the chances of getting your preferred grade is slightly higher. Like anton said, don’t make any rash decisions until you know exactly what the situation is but in the meantime, calmly think about a plan B in case worse comes to worse. Good luck!
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Resulrs Day Support thread here - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7230337
Thanoswashere
Rep:
Thank you for your advice! I’ve just been really stressed and scared, especially after yesterday’s exam, because my family have been saying they won’t support me if I don’t get into my firm uni. Before the exams I was getting C’s and B’s without much revision and this time I tried much harder and was able to answer questions at home. Idk what happened during the exams but it’s like after I reached a question I couldn’t answer, my mind just started blanking out for other questions too and seeing my classmates come out of the exams screaming “It was easy” just made me feel worse…
(Original post by anton31)
I can understand how you feel. Take a few days to think through what happened. What went well and where you could have done better. Don’t take Any rushed decisions. Depending on what you want to study, if the Uni you want to go to doesn’t offer you a place, you might be able to get in another equally good and maybe even that suits your needs better. Just do me a favour: take time to think, talk to family and whoever wants to help. Don’t let this defeat you, but learn from it. All the best.
I guess I’ll wait for the results and see how it goes from there but I’m just feeling pretty hopeless right now. ☹️
Thanoswashere
Rep:
Yeah I’m hoping the grade boundaries are lower this year. But when I said that to my friends after the exams they kept telling me not to believe the “inbetween 2019 and 2021” thing because according to them everyone did really good this year and the exams were easier so the grade boundaries would either stay the same or be higher. I’ll definitely go with your advice of thinking of a plan B and hope that everything goes better than I’m thinking right now. Thank you!
Thanoswashere
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Resulrs Day Support thread here - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7230337
Thank you!
YourAverageApple
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Thanoswashere)
Thank you for your advice! I’ve just been really stressed and scared, especially after yesterday’s exam, because my family have been saying they won’t support me if I don’t get into my firm uni. Before the exams I was getting C’s and B’s without much revision and this time I tried much harder and was able to answer questions at home. Idk what happened during the exams but it’s like after I reached a question I couldn’t answer, my mind just started blanking out for other questions too and seeing my classmates come out of the exams screaming “It was easy” just made me feel worse…
I guess I’ll wait for the results and see how it goes from there but I’m just feeling pretty hopeless right now. ☹️
Omg, that’s the worse feeling when everyone around you says “That was easy” and you’re like standing there genuiely confused on why you didn’t find it easy, don’t worry too much, I’m also stressing over my exams but I know I’ve tried the best I can, and you should be proud that you tried hard too! I had an exam I found quite difficult and everyone around me found it easy, I just immediately blocked them out of my head because I know if I pay attention I’m gonna start having a panic attack. 😅
anton31
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

I know it seems like the end of the world now, but it is not! Trust me on that. I have been there (enough times lol). The fact that you are stressing about it, it is not a bad thing. I would be worried if you were not. (I am sure you know what I mean). Someone once told me ..... "Give and take nothing for granted!” Sometimes we feel that we have given all we had, still we don’t get what we deserve. And that’s fine! But if you learn from it, you end up getting so much more that what a B or an A is worth. :-)
Thanoswashere
Rep:
(Original post by YourAverageApple)
Omg, that’s the worse feeling when everyone around you says “That was easy” and you’re like standing there genuiely confused on why you didn’t find it easy, don’t worry too much, I’m also stressing over my exams but I know I’ve tried the best I can, and you should be proud that you tried hard too! I had an exam I found quite difficult and everyone around me found it easy, I just immediately blocked them out of my head because I know if I pay attention I’m gonna start having a panic attack. 😅
Yeah I decided to just not think too much about for a while and just enjoy the holidays I have right now. I’ve been distracting myself by binge watching all the shows I was waiting to watch and it’s honestly working.
YourAverageApple
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I decided to just not think too much about for a while and just enjoy the holidays I have right now. I’ve been distracting myself by binge watching all the shows I was waiting to watch and it’s honestly working.
Well I’m glad its working! I’ve been applying to jobs non stop and watching youtube videos 😂
Thanoswashere
Rep:
(Original post by anton31)
I know it seems like the end of the world now, but it is not! Trust me on that. I have been there (enough times lol). The fact that you are stressing about it, it is not a bad thing. I would be worried if you were not. (I am sure you know what I mean). Someone once told me ..... "Give and take nothing for granted!” Sometimes we feel that we have given all we had, still we don’t get what we deserve. And that’s fine! But if you learn from it, you end up getting so much more that what a B or an A is worth. :-)
I’ve definitely decided that I’ll try to find a positive outcome from whatever results I receive and I’ve mainly just let myself relax and watch TV these days which is taking away a lot of stress.
Thanoswashere
Rep:
(Original post by YourAverageApple)
Well I’m glad its working! I’ve been applying to jobs non stop and watching youtube videos 😂
Oh same! I’ve applied to a few jobs as well. In fact I had an interview today and I have a feeling it went quite well!
YourAverageApple
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Oh same! I’ve applied to a few jobs as well. In fact I had an interview today and I have a feeling it went quite well!
Ahh! You’re so lucky! Not even one job has offered me an interview and I’ve got 2 rejections automatically already 🥹
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (23)
17.83%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.03%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.26%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.88%

Watched Threads