DSA Laptop Questions

Watch this thread
foskr
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all,

Just had my dsa assessment and have been told I can get a laptop. Theres not much info out there on it all. Can someone tell me how much they put towards it as of 2022? Im aware that i have to pay the first 200. Can anyone tell me any good suppliers or things to watch out for? Thank you
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by foskr)
Hi all,

Just had my dsa assessment and have been told I can get a laptop. Theres not much info out there on it all. Can someone tell me how much they put towards it as of 2022? Im aware that i have to pay the first 200. Can anyone tell me any good suppliers or things to watch out for? Thank you
Heya
I got a DSA laptop last year You can either pay the £200 or you can upgrade from their selection, and the supplier will give you a quote on the amount you need to pay.

Barry Bennett is the main supplier - there are others but this one seems to be the main one. Once you get your letter though double check which supplier you’ve been given, but Barry Bennet shows you what the standard laptop model is:
https://www.barrybennett.co.uk/stude...d-computer.php

Don’t worry about how you will use the software, over the course of this year I had various Zoom sessions who train you how to use the software and it was really good
foskr
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Chronoscope)
Heya
I got a DSA laptop last year You can either pay the £200 or you can upgrade from their selection, and the supplier will give you a quote on the amount you need to pay.

Barry Bennett is the main supplier - there are others but this one seems to be the main one. Once you get your letter though double check which supplier you’ve been given, but Barry Bennet shows you what the standard laptop model is:
https://www.barrybennett.co.uk/stude...d-computer.php

Don’t worry about how you will use the software, over the course of this year I had various Zoom sessions who train you how to use the software and it was really good
Thank you for the reply! Is there anyway to purchase the laptop from a normal retailer as they seem a bit overpriced here?
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by foskr)
Thank you for the reply! Is there anyway to purchase the laptop from a normal retailer as they seem a bit overpriced here?
Hey!
I've not done that myself but I've heard of people purchasing from places like Currys etc. (best thing about them is you can go in store and have a play around with their laptops on display).

When I had my first software session with the DSA supplier they douuble checked all my software was in place and there was a place with license keys, they should provide you with the license keys where you can install them yourself manually, but the supplier you've been given should be able to help walk you through that process
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads