University of York- Oversubscribed?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m in year 12 and I have been looking at different universities that I could be interested in, I have found that York has caught my eye, and it’s safe to say that it is my dreaaammm Uni out of all the Russel groups, the campus and town is beautiful and the atmosphere is incredibly friendly !!
With that being said, I’m not too sure how popular the uni is in general, is it a uni which tends to be oversubscribed for courses like PPE or econ/politics joint (those are the courses I am interested in). I know that the courses I named in general are very competitive but just wondering how competitive they are at York in particular. On UCAS it says that those courses at York still have vacancies for this year but not sure how accurate that is.
Thank you x
University of York
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m in year 12 and I have been looking at different universities that I could be interested in, I have found that York has caught my eye, and it’s safe to say that it is my dreaaammm Uni out of all the Russel groups, the campus and town is beautiful and the atmosphere is incredibly friendly !!
With that being said, I’m not too sure how popular the uni is in general, is it a uni which tends to be oversubscribed for courses like PPE or econ/politics joint (those are the courses I am interested in). I know that the courses I named in general are very competitive but just wondering how competitive they are at York in particular. On UCAS it says that those courses at York still have vacancies for this year but not sure how accurate that is.
Thank you x
Hi!

It's great to hear that you are interested in applying to York, the beautiful campus/city and atmosphere were two of the reasons I came here!

Every year is different, so it's hard to tell in advance what courses will be more competitive than others. Each department has a different intake number as well, so the courses that take fewer students may fill up more quickly.

It's always best to apply early to universities, so you can get early decisions (an offer or rejection) and then have time to visit the universities you have offers from and make your firm and insurance choices. Choosing where to study is a big decision to make, so it's best you have time to do all your research and choose what's best for you! It's fab that you are looking in Year 12, so you will be able to think on it and come the Autumn, be ready to apply! Our Open Day spots fill up really quickly, so if you are interested in coming to visit, I'd recommend you book a place!

If you have any questions about student life at York, just let us know! I didn't study a Politics course, but one of our other ambassadors did, so if you like, they might be able to answer some of your questions!

Hazel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (63)
68.48%
In the post (3)
3.26%
Text (13)
14.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
14.13%

Watched Threads