How to deal with mood swings of Asperger's?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Three days ago, I was full of confidence (and ideas) about a forthcoming assignment. But unfortunately, other commitments prevented me from making a start there and then. Later, I felt my positivity drain away. Today, my confidence seems to have gone on vacation-something that happens often and affects different aspects of my life. Can anyone explain these mood swings? Are they common among those of us with Asperger's? How can I get back on track??
Jess_Lomas
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I have ASD and I would say this is very common
Normally known as autistic burnout you could try googling it and see what it suggests and which ones will help you
Just wondering are you newly diagnosed but if not have you experienced something like this before
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jess_Lomas)
Normally known as autistic burnout you could try googling it and see what it suggests and which ones will help you
Just wondering are you newly diagnosed but if not have you experienced something like this before
Yes, I am recently diagnosed with ASD and ADHD and I am just trying to discover who I am.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
It does happen with ASD but I believe it’s more of an ADHD thing. Also if you use Aspergers parts of the ASD community will ostracize you because Aspergers is a term invented and used by the nazi Doctor Asperger. Did you go private for this or is the NHS still forcing that term?
RushingRiver
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I’m not the OP but I had no idea autistic burnout was a thing… I’ve been struggling a lot lately for no reason and this seems to fit exactly what I’m feeling :eek:
I’m undiagnosed thanks to my school taking forever because I’m not an ‘important’ case (high grades, well-behaved, I hide it when I’m struggling) but my parents, counsellor, and teachers all think I’m most likely autistic.
Thank youuuuu! :woo:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
It does happen with ASD but I believe it’s more of an ADHD thing. Also if you use Aspergers parts of the ASD community will ostracize you because Aspergers is a term invented and used by the nazi Doctor Asperger. Did you go private for this or is the NHS still forcing that term?
My diagnosis states both ASD and Asperger's-although I know that some sections of the community prefer different terms.
Jess_Lomas
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RushingRiver)
I’m not the OP but I had no idea autistic burnout was a thing… I’ve been struggling a lot lately for no reason and this seems to fit exactly what I’m feeling :eek:
I’m undiagnosed thanks to my school taking forever because I’m not an ‘important’ case (high grades, well-behaved, I hide it when I’m struggling) but my parents, counsellor, and teachers all think I’m most likely autistic.
Thank youuuuu! :woo:
Are you waiting for an autism assessment with NHS as i didn't know schools to do then
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's funny bc I've been diagnosed with ASD but relate to ADHD more 😂
RushingRiver
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Are you waiting for an autism assessment with NHS as i didn't know schools to do then
I tried to go through the NHS… they said children can’t be referred and I had to go through my school, and my school were awful so I just dropped it altogether
Jess_Lomas
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RushingRiver)
I tried to go through the NHS… they said children can’t be referred and I had to go through my school, and my school were awful so I just dropped it altogether
jw have you tried your GP as that's how I got referred. I wrote down a list of the things I thought were autistic traits and then they asked me questions and then referred me and then they contacted the school for evidence that they had
RushingRiver
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
jw have you tried your GP as that's how I got referred. I wrote down a list of the things I thought were autistic traits and then they asked me questions and then referred me and then they contacted the school for evidence that they had
Yup. That was the first thing I tried but they couldn’t do anything :/
Didn’t ask questions, didn’t refer me, just straight up said to go to my school to sort it out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
68.32%
In the post (4)
3.96%
Text (14)
13.86%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
13.86%

Watched Threads