Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I am a student on placement at a primary school working in a Year one classroom. I have to carry out a small scale research project regarding an issue that needs improving in the classroom. The classroom teacher suggested the role play area using either one of three topics. The topics being around the world, police and fire service. The role play area has very little in it and I have 5 full days in which to work in this area but obviously only for a limited time a day with the children doing other work.

Please can someone advise me on how I set up a role play area suitable to Year 1 children in this short space of time and what I can maybe use.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Could they act out the Presidential elections?

ReputationRep:
    Not really suitable for a year one class I dont think.

ReputationRep:
    How serious does it have to be? They could do a cat stuck up a tree or something. I'm not sure what the objective of the role play is supposed to be.

ReputationRep:
    I saw role play and thought "yeah!" then I saw "teaching"

What purpose does the role play have?

To improve the class in what way? just making it more fun? teaching something?

Do they already have story time? where the teacher reads a story to them? (That was brilliant in year 4, I can't see why it wouldn't work in year 1)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.