Tomboy

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Someone said I was a tomboy today, and I’m abit hurt by the comment. Like i Feel like I’m quite girly I wear dresses, and heels? I don’t know why they said it
Food!!
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
tomboy isnt a bad thing
did you ask what makes them think that of you?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Food!!)
tomboy isnt a bad thing
did you ask what makes them think that of you?
Yeah but I don’t really ever like do boyish things or anything and no I didn’t
Food!!
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah but I don’t really ever like do boyish things or anything and no I didn’t
could be the way you act maybe even if you dont dress in that way
you just might not realise
anyways its not something to get worked up about since you are you and whatever anyone says doesnt change who you are
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Tomboy perceptions can also involve your mannerisms, hairstyle, hobbies and tone of voice.
Not just face and fashion sense.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Tomboy perceptions can also involve your mannerisms, hairstyle, hobbies and tone of voice.
Not just face and fashion sense.
we’ll I have long hair, I wear makeup, I don’t really know how else I can be girly
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
we’ll I have long hair, I wear makeup, I don’t really know how else I can be girly
What type of deodorant, perfume and shoes do you frequently wear?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
What type of deodorant, perfume and shoes do you frequently wear?
Mitchan baby powder, then like Jimmy choo or lady million or angel and I wear trainers but I do love wearing heels
Millian
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Mitchan baby powder, then like Jimmy choo or lady million or angel and I wear trainers but I do love wearing heels
You are completely fine. Don't worry. Someone just wanted to rile you up for no reason. You sound like you dress really well and keep yourself proper, and that's what matters.
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You friends are probably just teasing you for a laugh.
If you are a lot better at sports than they are and they feel that they can't compete with you, they may make some comments intended to persuade you to stop playing and do something that is traditionally seen as more feminine.
But that is their problem not yours.
Cattimore
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Someone said I was a tomboy today, and I’m abit hurt by the comment. Like i Feel like I’m quite girly I wear dresses, and heels? I don’t know why they said it
Honestly don't take it to heart. I feel like labels like 'tomboy' and 'girly girl' are quite stereotypical as they focus on the stereotypes imposed on each gender. You do you and don't let anyone's comments undermine your view of yourself
xox416
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think people may have different definition of what a tomboy is. For me it's someone like the Aaliyah..the singer...her style. Girly but she has a thuggish ruggish vibe to her. So who knows what this person actually meant.
Last edited by xox416; 1 month ago
DarylO
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Why does it bother you so much? I've been called a tomboy my whole life even when I wear makeup and rock heels. It's not an insult. It's just a way of saying you have certain stereotypically masculine traits which I think everyone has. I find boxing people into definite gender descriptions silly because we're all a mix of both gender stereotypes. Don't let something so trivial get to you. You don't need to compensate or over-present yourself in a certain way. Just be you.
Wise Goldie
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by xox416)
I think people may have different definition of what a tomboy is. For me it's someone like the Aaliyah..the singer...her style. Girly but she has a thuggish ruggish vibe to her. So who knows what this person actually meant.
she was also good in romeo must die
rosy_posy
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Your style sounds girly, so no idea why they called you a Tomboy. They could have been saying it sarcastically though
Taeraatutta
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Millian)
You are completely fine. Don't worry. Someone just wanted to rile you up for no reason. You sound like you dress really well and keep yourself proper, and that's what matters.
Tomboys don’t keep themselves proper or dress well?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
31.11%
Take a gap year (10)
22.22%
Resit my exams (8)
17.78%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
13.33%
I don't know yet (4)
8.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.67%

Watched Threads