are my (predicted) GCSE grades bad if I want to go to good unis?

Watch this thread
stilk
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
these are my predictions after just finishing my GCSEs

Maths-9
Biology-8
Physics-9
Chemistry-8
English lit-7
English lang-6
Geography-7
History-7
French-4
PE-7

I feel like my english language and french grades will put me at a disadvantage.
Inc3me
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Unis mainly look at a-levels and they don’t seem toooooooo bad, as long as you get great alevels
stilk
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Inc3me)
Unis mainly look at a-levels and they don’t seem toooooooo bad, as long as you get great alevels
does not toooo bad mean quite ****. do u think I will be at a disadvantage if applying to an engineering course, even if i get good a levels
Rainyzack
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by stilk)

Maths-9
Biology-8
Physics-9
Chemistry-8
English lit-7
English lang-6
Geography-7
History-7
French-4
PE-7

I feel like my english language and french grades will put me at a disadvantage.
Those are good gcse. Epically for engineering with the 9 in maths and physics. Don't worry about English lang grade since I'm pretty sure most university wan a 6/b max. But most i seen want a 4. Also don't worry about French it is irrelevant. Just do good in a levels. And have a good personal statement.
sickofthis
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
On a whole, your GCSE predictions look good. It really depends on what universities you’re looking at applying to and remember you will not know exactly until you get those results. Most importantly, doing well in the a levels (and also any mocks you do because that’s where your predicted grades that you apply to university with come from) is what should be the priority next year. Good luck!
DarylO
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by stilk)

Maths-9
Biology-8
Physics-9
Chemistry-8
English lit-7
English lang-6
Geography-7
History-7
French-4
PE-7

Your grades are fine. You basically got 4 high A's, 4 low A's, a B, and a C. Be proud of yourself and give yourself a pat on the back. French is irrelevant for an engineering course and for English, most unis ask for 4-9. Your 6 is well within that range. Even if a uni decided to look at your overall grade profile, it would still be good. Don't fret.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by stilk)
does not toooo bad mean quite ****. do u think I will be at a disadvantage if applying to an engineering course, even if i get good a levels
A good uni for Engineering is non-RG with a year in industry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (66)
69.47%
In the post (3)
3.16%
Text (13)
13.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
13.68%

Watched Threads