Can’t get rid of a friend

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m in year 12 and planning on applying for 2023 uni. I have a friend who does the exact same a levels as me, therefore has the same timetable, and is planning on doing the same degree as me. I’m researching unis and doing open days and he’s not bothering to look himself, just saying he’ll go where I’ll go. It’s really starting to annoy me because he copies me in class and tag tails my every move. I just really don’t want to end up at the same uni as him. What can I say to him that tells him (fairy nicely) to give me some space and that I don’t want to spend forever with him however much he wants to. It’s pretty awkward but I just want to start again at uni and have freedom from being followed all the time.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Maybe you could tell your teacher and ask them to discreetly ask him about his future and what he would like to do and if he says that he will just follow you, they should have a chat with him. He can't do that all of his life- he needs to find his own interests
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I used to have this friend that was extremely clingy to the point where it actually felt suffocating. The second we got into sixth form (bareing in mind we did have a class together), we were no longer in contact. This may be down to the fact that they didn’t bothering coming to class but I would have distanced myself regardless. If this friend of yours has no identity outside of your friendship, that will become toxic extremely quickly. Slowly distance yourself and if they still don’t get the hint, tell them to their face.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (118)
40.41%
They're exactly what I expected (70)
23.97%