social media makes me so depressed

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
every time i go on social media i feel really depressed and demotivated. ik the obvious answer is to quit but it’s really hard. i convince myself that i just have a sad life and social media makes me realise it. seeing people going out, parting and having a ton of friends when i have no friends. i’m 18 but never been partying or done anything fun with friends. never even had a birthday party. every time i go on social media i reevaluate my whole life and realize how sad it is, but even without social media it’s true.

i can’t quit because it’s really addicting. but not even that, i feel like i need social media to show me that i need to change my life? without social media i would feel like i’m living a normal happy life when really its a depressing life. ik it sounds stupid but it’s how i feel
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
every time i go on social media i feel really depressed and demotivated. ik the obvious answer is to quit but it’s really hard. i convince myself that i just have a sad life and social media makes me realise it. seeing people going out, parting and having a ton of friends when i have no friends. i’m 18 but never been partying or done anything fun with friends. never even had a birthday party. every time i go on social media i reevaluate my whole life and realize how sad it is, but even without social media it’s true.

i can’t quit because it’s really addicting. but not even that, i feel like i need social media to show me that i need to change my life? without social media i would feel like i’m living a normal happy life when really its a depressing life. ik it sounds stupid but it’s how i feel
What social media do you currently use?
yeet_21
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I did a year abroad as part of my uni course. and one person i went with stuck a lot of photos of our adventures on facebook. and yeah it probably looked like we were having the time of our lives. but its just a highlight reel just the <1% and ignores the reality of it all
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

This was me for my entire life but two years ago I decided to delete Snapchat because it was getting increasingly monetised and people use Snapchat and Instagram etc not to communicate with people but to show off how well off their lives are and for celebrities to promote content which kind of defeats the purpose of social media... All in all, everything boils down to money.

My advice would be to just delete them all because they really are useless in my opinion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (25)
31.25%
They're exactly what I expected (23)
28.75%