Eligibility to Student Finance with 2 years already used.

Watch this thread
Dziire
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

I'm a 26 year old from the UK, when I was 18 I want to university for Computer Science. Unfortunately I never passed my second year (I used the full year of funding though) and dropped out due to a situation out of my control (Family health). I know that computer science isn't for me and I can't see myself finishing that course. I did however obtain a Cert HE.

However I really want further study in a different field I'm just not sure if its possible since I will only have 2 years of funding left, saving £9,000 for the initial year is sadly not possible in my current situation. Would something like an advanced learner loan be a possibility on top of my already existing student finance?

Thanks for any help!
Last edited by Dziire; 1 month ago
Dziire
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is advanced learners for anything below a degree?
Lynsey SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dziire)
Hello,

I'm a 26 year old from the UK, when I was 18 I want to university for Computer Science. Unfortunately I never passed my second year (I used the full year of funding though) and dropped out due to a situation out of my control (Family health). I know that computer science isn't for me and I can't see myself finishing that course. I did however obtain a Cert HE.

However I really want further study in a different field I'm just not sure if its possible since I will only have 2 years of funding left, saving £9,000 for the initial year is sadly not possible in my current situation. Would something like an advanced learner loan be a possibility on top of my already existing student finance?

Thanks for any help!
Hello,
In order to confirm your eligibility, please confirm:
1. Which course you are looking to commence
2. Your current status and residency within the UK
3. Any other previous study and qualifications you may hold

Thanks, Lynsey.
Last edited by Lynsey SFE; 1 month ago
Lynsey SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dziire)
Hello,

Thanks for any help!
Hello,

In addition, for undergraduate funding you may wish us to consider you for Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR), which could potentially award an extra year of support. In order to apply for CPR we will require evidence to confirm the reasons you could not continue with your studies, when this was and it must be signed and dated, the following list can be considered for CPR:
• Medical evidence from a GP on headed paper
• Letter from University on headed paper
• Letter from Social Services on headed paper
• Letter from clergy or professional person on headed paper
• Death Certificate
• A Birth Certificate
You can find more information here 👉 http://ow.ly/t3B230pNUS9

Thanks, Lynsey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.19%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.22%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.69%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.91%

Watched Threads